Question for all
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for all

Question for all

I was thinking about this the othe day and I thought I would pass it along to the forum. The question: How has having a CWP changed your life? I wanted to see what ya'll ( yes I'm from south carolna LOL ) have to say.
    I'll save my comments till later, I want to hear ya'lls thoughts. This really does have an impact on ones life. Sorry if this is a duplicate thread but I haven't seen one.

I'm from SC too, having my CWP change me by wearing clothes to concealed my Glock 37. Not to metioned sitting down in a chair or getting into an automobile but over all I feel more safer by having my CWP so that I can carry my Glock 37. These days and times you never know what might happen rather be safe then sorry.

Ya'll works for most of us in Texas also. Sense I have carried, and that has been for quite a while, I am more confident. I feel I am better prepared if I am thrust into a confrontational situation. After training though it has also taught me to be more alert and aware of what is going on around me. You know, the color code i.e. staying out of condition white.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I miss "Ya'll" since I moved to the Outback years ago. Up here, everyone sounds like they're Scandanavian (No, NOT like the movie "Fargo", that's a good way to get people riled up here!).

Interesting...I've had a CWP for years, but only carried sporadically; most of the time the weapon was in the truck. It wasn't until I took defensive handgun training that I began to carry 24/7. My attitude now is "I'm a sheepdog". Not a cop, but a sheepdog. Much more aware and I look at all the sheep like they need protection (and they do). Also, much more mellow (no more 1-finger salutes when I'm driving, for e.g.), willing to let things slide as most of the crap that comes your way is from sheep and they have no idea they're dealing with an armed sheepdog. Easier to just grin and let it slide.

I've noted before that I'm starting to open carry more. So now, sometimes, the sheep get to meet a sheepdog.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    My attitude now is "I'm a sheepdog". Not a cop, but a sheepdog. Much more aware and I look at all the sheep like they need protection (and they do). Also, much more mellow (no more 1-finger salutes when I'm driving, for e.g.), willing to let things slide as most of the crap that comes your way is from sheep and they have no idea they're dealing with an armed sheepdog. Easier to just grin and let it slide.

I've noted before that I'm starting to open carry more. So now, sometimes, the sheep get to meet a sheepdog.
    ^this.

Also, I tend to walk further from walls to avoid the embarassing thump of holster on drywall or doorframes.
    "Life is a great teacher. Unfortunately, it kills all of its students..."

I was thinking about this question the other day when I took my key chain off my belt loop for the last time because it was in the way of my holster. Like JJFlash said I am more mellow not wanting to escalate anything or draw unwanted attention to myself. I'm new to CWP and have only had my license for about 3 weeks but I think it is a change for the better. God forbid that I would ever have to draw my weapon, but knowing that I am able to protect my family is worth every penny I spent on my classes and license.

I have been carring open on and off for years so carring is not new. But since I started concealed carry I have noticed the type of clothes I choose have changed. Also, I have noticed that I also let a lot of things pass than before. Wife told me she thinks I am just mellowing out.

"y'all" is the term in the Tar Heel, too!

CC makes me think and pay attention more to what is going on around me.
    I think it makes me more responsible for my actions (or reactions).

Reap the Vision...
    ...Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    ^this.

Also, I tend to walk further from walls to avoid the embarassing thump of holster on drywall or doorframes.
    I wondered if anyone else did that. I'm constantly thumping against walls and doorframes. I barely fit thru most doorways anyway (I'm pretty wide at 280 lbs). I noticed my business partner looking up one time like "what was THAT?" as I thumped on by. (She figured out pretty fast that it was a weapon; didn't seem to mind at all, lucky me.) Obviously, "stealth" is not one of my attributes!

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    I wondered if anyone else did that. I'm constantly thumping against walls and doorframes. I barely fit thru most doorways anyway (I'm pretty wide at 280 lbs). I noticed my business partner looking up one time like "what was THAT?" as I thumped on by. (She figured out pretty fast that it was a weapon; didn't seem to mind at all, lucky me.) Obviously, "stealth" is not one of my attributes!
    LOL

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast