Should EMS be allowed to CC?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should EMS be allowed to CC?

Should EMS be allowed to CC?

Being new here I am wondering what people think about this. Should EMS be aloud to CC at work? It may seem to defeat the purpose of helping to some people. On the other hand EMS workers get into some less than desirable places. Just wondering what people think and why?
    Death before Dishonor!

I don't see why not if they have a permit. Sometimes EMS gets called to fires or crime scenes where they are exposed to gunmen or crooks. If I was an EMT and got called to a shooting where the suspect was still barracaded or not aprehended I would certainly want to be able to defend myself.
    I don't think defending your life is any conflict with the medical profession. If your out just to rob someone or shoot someone for entertainment it's a lot different than kill or be killed. I think everyone has a right to defend their life regardless of what profession they choose.

Everybody should be allowed to carry everywhere at all times.

As for EMS 'saving people and being armed': I seem to recall times in the news when hostile people, for whatever bizarre reason of their own, fired on firefighters or other emergency personnel without provocation.

People can often find themselves places they didn't originally intend to be doing things they'd prefer to not do. If the presumption was that all citizens might be armed, we'd have a much safer and more polite society.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

I guess the correct answer should be "Go ask those EMT's and firefighters in New Orleans!"

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    Exactly!!!

Reap the Vision...
    ...Mike

I believe they should be allowed to carry.

There have been numerous incidents over the years of BG's shooting at Emergency responders, as noted previously.
    Then there was New Orleans . . .

Yup. I don't think they should be restricted at all. PLUS, If they have to protect themselves at least they wont have to tell the BG that 'help is on the way'.

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    +1 on that.
    Let every soul be subject unto the [U.S. Constitution.] For there is no [Constitution] but of God: the [Constitution] that be [is] ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the [Constitution], resisteth the ordinance of God:American Romans Ch.13v1-7 C.Baldwin

Being an EMT, I agree we should be aloud to carry. Being in a rural area very often the law is not very close. If things start to go sourer it would be nice to have some protection.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

[QUOTE=NDS;96461]Everybody should be allowed to carry everywhere at all times.

This pretty much sums it up!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast