Smart carry
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smart carry

1. Smart carry

I have read many forum posts on whats the best concealment holster to wear. I have bought a few and looked at websites about others. But I read, and I believe it was here, about the "smart carry" and I have to say I wasn't impressed when I first saw a picture of it but I looked at the website and I was impressed so I bought one. Like any holster you have to fool with a bit to get it where you want and get used to it which doesn't take long. It is by far the most comfortable I have worn. Yes you may not get the quickest draw with this but it aint bad.This is my favorite holster to use, especialy in summer when concealment is much harder. I am 5' 11" and 248 and it's comfortable.

Just thought I would pass this along and maybe help someone who is looking for another concealment option.
    God bless our troops

I've used Smart Carry for several years, for everyday carry. It has a few limitations, but many more advantages. I put it on when I wake and take it off when I retire for the evening. I also have a drawer full of holsters, but this is my everyday one. I carry a Ultra Carry Kimber, or a Glock 27; depending on trousers. SF - 0311

RE: Smart Carry

I am still new to CCW and heard about the Smart Carry early on so I bought one. It's the only holster I have outside of the one that came with my XD-40. I love it! I wore it a lot with shorts during the summer with a tank top not tucked in and NO BODY ever susspected I was carrying. I recommend it! Jazzman

You sound like me @ 5'11' 245lbs.

The "Smartcarry" is definitely the most comfortable holster I've ever "worn". I've bought/used others; but the "Smartcarry" remains my preferred holster.

I've actually thought about why this is; until I realized that you actually "carry" all IWB and OWD type holsters. The "Smartcarry" is actually an article of clothing that you "wear". I think this fact makes a HUGE difference in comfort.

I also use a "Supertuck" occassionally; especially in the winter months. But, I can't see the "Smartcarry" ever becoming my alternate method of carry. As it stands now, the "Smartcarry" will always be my preferred carry holster.

I can carry my 24/7 ProC, extra magazine and tactical flashlight in my "Smartcarry" with concealment and complete comfort.

I use my smart carry holster all the time. it is pretty comfortable even with a full size pistol in it. it doesn't tug on your pants as some other holsters do. I like to keep the grip above my belt line and wearing a shirt not tucked in covers it up nicely and would make a faster draw.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

7. Here's a tactical fanny pack that I like a lot
    The only thing is you just have to feel alright about wearing a fanny pack.

I'm 6'1" 340 and use Smart Carry but I roll it onto my right thigh because the hammer would otherwise poke a hole in my belly and let all my air out...and stuff.
    Ultra CDP 11
    P345
    you may only assume I'm an idiot until I post.

My only problem with my smart carry is when i wear it under jeans, the back of the metal button can, and has, scratch the slide on my Ruger. Wearing it with pants with a sewn button has never been a problem, but if i want to wear it under jeans i have to tuck a shirt between the gun and jeans, or keep adjusting it to make sure it doesn't slide up to the button.

10. Charlie has sent me 3 different smart carry's over the years -if different sizes. I love 'em. I've canoe tripped for weeks, rode moutain bikes, dirt bikes, off road wheeled in our rock crawler, walked, hiked, etc...all with a smart carry.

the smart carry is even comfy for me to sleep with (I'm a back sleeper)

got the "tub of holsters" like many...lots of mistakes in there (for me)

Smart Carry, Tommy's gun pack, and at times (winter- heavy coat) has me with Nemisis pocket holster for any of the snub's or the Glock in the rotation.

Good thread - great mode of carry (to me)
    Last edited by solocanoe; 12-28-2009 at 01:58 PM. Reason: spelling/content

11. how is the smart carry while sitting down?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast