Anti-gun advocates will love this one. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anti-gun advocates will love this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    interestingly enough, this is not the first time I have heard this happen to a cop. when I was in my michigan CCW class the instructor told us of an officer who was carrying his glock without a holster and went to adjust his shirt which was tucked in and it snagged the trigger and went off shooting himself in the foot. so is this a trend or something that off duty officers don't use holsters??. I mean come on. get a freakin holster!

I know of a few LEO who carry a Glock pistol off duty without a holster. The one thing they all do when carrying in such a fashion is to ensure that there is a "trigger block" installed behind the trigger. It's not clear why they carry without a holster, just know that they do so safely.

I don't recommend that ANYONE carry any firearm without using a holster that encloses the trigger. Protecting the trigger is critical to prevent NDs' from happening.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Talking

Maybe they were filming an episode of Reno 911!
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Does anyone remember the Keystone Cops?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by MADnMO View Post
    Maybe they were filming an episode of Reno 911!
    Just glad it wasn't "Cop Rock"!

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

I checked out the hole in the floor and it isn't much of anything to see. It actually hit in a carpeted area which helped with ricochet or any fragments causing harm. That off-duty was one lucky guy and he should probably retire at 65 and consider that a sad way to end his career.

I can't imagine any agency allowing it's officers to carry w/o a holster. A thug in some alley in Chicago, yes, but a cop? They ought to be more professional than that. And especially not with a glock that basically has NO safety.

The gang bangers and bad guys are the ones who carry loose in their pants... This guy missed the dept memo on that...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by NCjones View Post
    They ought to be more professional than that.
    Welcome to the People's Republic of South Carolina.

And especially not with a glock that basically has NO safety.
    Actually the Glock series of pistols all feature three (3) safeties, the drop safety, the firing pin safety, and the trigger safety. Unless of course the officer negligently deactivated one of the safety mechanisms, but why would one do so?

The Glock pistol design is one of the safest out there. But even with all that, the design cannot make up for basic stupidity.

As with any gun, as well as the Glock, keep that freakin' finger off the trigger is the safest way to handle a gun no matter how stupid one is...

hmmm...what would I do without my Glock...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    interestingly enough, this is not the first time I have heard this happen to a cop. when I was in my michigan CCW class the instructor told us of an officer who was carrying his glock without a holster and went to adjust his shirt which was tucked in and it snagged the trigger and went off shooting himself in the foot. so is this a trend or something that off duty officers don't use holsters??. I mean come on. get a freakin holster!
    Sounds like that passive Glock trigger "safety" isn't so safe.
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast