Concealed carry vest
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed carry vest

Concealed carry vest

A vest by bluestone safety was mentioned in an article on carry options in the Jan/Feb issue of American Handgunner. Looks interesting. Any of you have any experience with it?

Wolverine Holsters catalog - Concealment, Tactical, Belly an Ankle Gun Holster - Concealment Vest
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I was just going to post up about shoulder carry, you don't see a lot of entries anywhere about them. But this vest looks like just the ticket for this time of year. I think that's a GL 21 he's got in his right inside pocket.

I carry a .45 compact IWB (about 32oz loaded) and at the end of the day, I can't wait to get it off. It's not bad walking around, but I do a lot of driving between jobs and it's either jamming you in the crotch or pressing against your abdomen/chest. Always moving it around to get comfy.

Thanks for the heads-up, HK. I'm gonna order one tonight. Be back in a week or 2 and let everyone know how it works out.

Welcome tomwalshco I will be looking forward to your review.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Very nice "shoot me first" vest!

j/k. I'd wear it to the range, but that's about it. I'm more of a peacoat/bomber kinda guy myself...
    "Life is a great teacher. Unfortunately, it kills all of its students..."

Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    Very nice "shoot me first" vest!

j/k. I'd wear it to the range, but that's about it. I'm more of a peacoat/bomber kinda guy myself...
    I don't know, to me it doesn't have that much of a "tactical/military look to it. More like a photo journalistic/safari look. Doesn't seem to scream "gun" as much as some others. That is kind of what drew me to it. IMHO.

I thought Members Only stopped making peacoats years ago.

Couldn't resist....

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I don't know, to me it doesn't have that much of a "tactical/military look to it. More like a photo journalistic/safari look. Doesn't seem to scream "gun" as much as some others. That is kind of what drew me to it. IMHO.
    It would be nice if it came in a nice denim though... I'd think more seriously about it.. I ride motorcycles and it would "blend in" much better in denim.
    Also the Magazine area needs a flap over it, or be made into another "pocket" in the same location with a short flap, otherwise, if it's hot and you have it open, they will be out in the open and scream "gun"

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

I keep going back to a nice 3/4 length leather coat. They just look more "Classy"...
    Semper Fi

The vest showed up tonight and I am very happy with it. Looks a lot better in person than the video shows. The one he's got on must have been washed 20 times, so it looks a little beat up.

What you don't see in the video is that it has a heavy-duty zipper front which you only need down a couple of inches to get at the payload. The pockets are great because in my line of work I've got to carry a phone, camera, set of keys, notepads, writing tools, etc. It's even got an American flag sewn on.

I'll wear this under a zippered hoody, so it will be an excellent work outfit for me. Thumbs up.

Tried to load a pic, but it won't take. Will try a little later.

I have a 5.11 Vest I wear at the range and when I'm hiking. Otherwise, I'm wearing a Hawaiian shirt in the summer or a leather car coat (3/4 length) in the cooler months. The lumber jack look with a flannel shirt works for me as well.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast