Concealed carry BELT? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Concealed carry BELT?

A real bargain

I just happened to notice that LA Police Gear has the 5.11 Tactical Leather Casual Belt 1.5" Detail Stitch on closeout for $7.99. They're limited to specific colors and sizes of 1X, 2X, 3X and 4X which translates into lengths from 40 to 54 inches. I just ordered 2 for a total, with shipping, of $23.93. I don't imagine they're going to be around long though.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/511-tact...-closeout.html

I've purchased item from LA Police Gear many times and have always been more than satisfied with their products and service.

Larry
    Last edited by lplettie; 12-22-2009 at 02:03 PM. Reason: forgot the link
    "If guns cause crime, all mine are defective" -Ted Nugent

3. Quote Originally Posted by lplettie View Post
    I just happened to notice that LA Police Gear has the 5.11 Tactical Leather Casual Belt 1.5" Detail Stitch on closeout for $7.99. They're limited to specific colors and sizes of 1X, 2X, 3X and 4X which translates into lengths from 40 to 54 inches. I just ordered 2 for a total, with shipping, of $23.93. I don't imagine they're going to be around long though.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/511-tact...-closeout.html

I've purchased item from LA Police Gear many times and have always been more than satisfied with their products and service.

Larry
    wow that's less than wholesale...seriously buy them up and take it to a leather shop or someone with a leather punch if it's too big for you- that's a killer deal.
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

4. Just incase anyone finds this thread I still have and use this belt every day (Monday-Sunday) and other than cosmetically scraping a bit near the buckle (to be expected) it is as strong as the day I bought it.
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

I have been using a Dickies 1.5" double prong,basket weave work belt for the last year. I am surprised how well it has held up. It has held its shape and only has a few small notches were the IWB holster clip has canted slightly.
    I have ordered a 1.75" wide belt from the Barsony Holster & Belts site listed in a previous post. That matches the clip size on my holster and should eliminate the canting issue. Thanks for the info.

Safety Harbor, Florida since 2006 Waterloo, New York before 2006.
    The two very best belts I have tried are Beltman and Milt Sparks. I would rate the Milt Sparks a little above the Beltman,but both are excellant.

Quote Originally Posted by ClearSightTactical View Post
    Update:

The 5.11 Tactical casual belt with permastiff is absolutely awesome!

I can carry a full size 1911, 1 extra mag, 1 pair of cuffs that I steal from my duty belt, 1 flashlight, and my blackberry and the belt doesn't bend or sag a bit!
    Highly reccomended- as for wear? Its too soon to say, but i'll update...

In case you guys are wondering- I'm not too concerned about concealment lol A sports-coat does well, but if i'm in casual I only carry the 1911, cell phone, mag & flashlight..(the mag/flashlight is one unit)
    Hows that holding up? I read a really bad review about it.

I have several of these belts in different colors. The belts themselves are good - the buckle is another matter. The action of pulling the belt back to engage the buckle causes the belt to start breaking down within a couple of months!! See other reviews in the 1.75" belt about the feeling that it is broken in two. The Signature Belt Buckle does help to get around this problem as you don't have to bend the belt back to engage. I've heard that this buckle is now discontinued ([...] appears to have bought the remaining stock).What I'd like to see is another version of the Signature Belt Buckle in a non-metallic (ceramic, synthetic material?) configuration for those times you have to go through an airport and want to have a more business-professional look without having to take it off at the inspection area!
    Have you had any problems such as stated above? I only ask because I'm thinking about getting it (or some kind of leather gun belt) for dress other then my blue jeans. My 5.11 tactical operator belt is still going strong.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Guarantee
    I need to get a good belt and think it's about time I finally get one. These are not inexpensive but check out their guarantee.
    I keep forgetting the name of the company but think I will remember it from not on.
    High Noon Holsters. No I don't work for them or own the Co. Just like passing on to friends here what I think is a good thing.

9. I assume you are in Oklahoma. If so, H&H has some kydex reinforced belts that wear well for $50.00. I have had mine for over a year and it works fine. I waws using metal clips so it did scratch up a bit, but nothing a little polish can't fix.

I carry every day and travel on airplanes every week. I always take my rig so the belt is heavily used. Seems to hold up very well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123