Accosted in Wal*Mart; what would you do? - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Accosted in Wal*Mart; what would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    I've done some research and considering the fact that the OP is no longer here (banned) along with a few other suspect postings, I'm gonna file this one into the "probably bovine scatology" file. In plain English, I seriously doubt that the incident happened.

gf
    It saddens me to see this kind of judgmentalism and skepticism here on this forum.

I for one miss GDCleanfun's presence and posts. I don't fully understand the purposes for banning (I did read the summary provided by the moderator) but I respect the right to make that decision.

I wish her well.

Quote Originally Posted by OngoingFreedom View Post
    It saddens me to see this kind of judgmentalism and skepticism here on this forum.

I for one miss GDCleanfun's presence and posts. I don't fully understand the purposes for banning (I did read the summary provided by the moderator) but I respect the right to make that decision.

I wish her well.
    You are correct in realizing that this forum has not lived up to its potential as a valuable resource. You appear to have realized the need for your own skepticism of what you read here and that is good. While some posters leave information worth reading (and it's worth your time to look for them); others just post pompous nonsense intended to stroke their own ego, and you seem to have identified that.

Just read carefully and enjoy the worthwhile threads while ignoring the ones dominated by those who have nothing useful to offer -- it's not particularly difficult to do.

As for GDF -- with a bit of searching you can find her posting on other fora.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Quote Originally Posted by OngoingFreedom View Post

I wish her well.
    I received a lot of PM messages from her. Had you read some of the stuff I received in PM (which by the way will not be posted here), you would understand what I'm talking about. After reading the initial post, several PMs' were exchanged regarding the incident. The story changed several times.

Call it whatever you like, that's certainly your opinion. My statements were based on what I personally experienced.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

5. Banned what for?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony_I_Am View Post
    Banned what for?
    Discussed here: http://www.usacarry.com/forums/gener...-bannings.html

Let's do our best to stay civil and keep the headaches for Luke down to a minimum.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

7. Regardless of the actual scenario being real or not, I still think that it's been a fruitful conversation.

I'm also disabled and walk with a cane. However, I have a real problem with NOT turning these perps into the police. I ALWAYS file a complaint and let him be arrested. Guess what has happened EVERY time? He has had a record, the district attorney has prosecuted him on his previous record and my complaint alone, and I have never had to appear in court. Justice is served.

These criminals do not learn by being released! They may not learn in jail, but at least they are off the street for that long and not hurting someone else or me again. I think it's a diservice to justice and the general public to let a known felon go just because he didn't happen to inflict a crime on you because you were armed and could stop it.
    Edmund Burke: “The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.” – 1784 speech. Taken from Founding Fathers Notes. "The unarmed man is not just defenseless -- he is also contemptible." Machiavelli

Why I lived in nj, I had lots of incidents where I had to pull and sometimes poimt a gun at someone to back them off. Saddly, since nj's left wing policies I could not report the bg to the police because I did not have a ccw. Long live the great state of PA!!

By the time the cops get there the guy will be long gone.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910