Accosted in Wal*Mart; what would you do? - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Accosted in Wal*Mart; what would you do?

I agree with Glock Talk.

If you draw your firearm you are using it for self defense. Your husband may not have fired, but if the bad guy advanced he probably would have. The would be robber could have called the police and told them some guy threatened him in the bathroom with a gun.

Bottom line, call the police whenever you need to draw your firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by rksap View Post
    I think the police should be called, but I think WalMart should be the ones to do it since it happened in their store. Your husband should have just had to hang around to provide a description.
    But it sounds to me like he handled himself just right.
    +1

I can't believe they just shoved him out the door and left it at that.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

shoulda called the police.

call police but dont stress over making sure the BG is apprehended and charged but just to let them know you were not in the wrong.
    "The purpose of war is not to die for your country. The purpose of war is to ensure that the other guy dies for his country." - General Patton

Contact the store manager so they can be aware of the danger and tell them to contact the police for you, you wish to file a report.

The time stamp will be on the surveilance video and probaly has the BG leaving the restroom on camera. DH could ID the perp and all is taken care of. I think DH performed admirably!

Quote Originally Posted by surfcc View Post
    The time stamp will be on the surveilance video and probaly has the BG leaving the restroom on camera. DH could ID the perp and all is taken care of. I think DH performed admirably!
    Good idea on the surveillance video stamp!! Now why didn't I think of that?

Think of it this way:

1. the scum had tried the same thing on someone else the night before who did the same thing your husband did.

2. Your husband, for whatever, reason did not have his weapon with him the next night.

If the guy on the previous night had called the police then the incident with your husband might never have happened.

Moreover, what if the scum learns from the incident and next time goes into the next stall, and attacks the person leaving from behind by clubing them over the head before they have a chance to protect themselves?

I don't think we should rely on the police for all of our protection, but I do think we should use them for whatever aid they can give.

Here's a big "WHAT IF". What if the guy had left the store and called 911 and reported a crotchety old man that pulled a gun and threatened him in the restroom? Guess who would have went to jail.
    Good Luck!!!
    John
    http://www.packing4life.com

wal-mart

this was my reasoning on my earler post.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast