Accosted in Wal*Mart; what would you do? - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Accosted in Wal*Mart; what would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    I think Kathleen meant protecting others by reporting BG to police, so he wouldn't have the chance to mug someone else.
    Thank you that is what I was trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by KathleenElsie View Post
    Thank you that is what I was trying to say.

Wow, and this happened here in town gdcleanfun?

Damn, I need to pay more attention in the Walmart Bathrooms.

Yeah I would have certainly called the police on that one.. and as he did.. alert the manager.

Glad he is safe..it sure is getting wild out here in town lately.

5. Sounds like a case of attempted armed robbery to me. I don't now but sounds like that BG was very close to eternity
    You bet your ass I carry cocked and locked

Quote Originally Posted by Iridium View Post
    Wow, and this happened here in town gdcleanfun?

Damn, I need to pay more attention in the Walmart Bathrooms.

Yeah I would have certainly called the police on that one.. and as he did.. alert the manager.

Glad he is safe..it sure is getting wild out here in town lately.
    Yes, here in town. I hesitate to think about what this fellow might do do next! I hope he is stopped before he does something to anyone else!

I think that the police should have been called and a report filed. Even if the BG does not get arrested this time, if he tries something again, the police are likely to give him alot less "benefit of the doubt".

It is about showing a patern of behavior for the particular criminal, similar to filing police reports in domestic violence cases. Yes calling the police this time might not have done anything signifigant, but because the police were called evertime, there is a known pattern. This makes it easier for the police to sort out when they have more information on the person in question.

Quote Originally Posted by AvidshooterTX View Post
    Others may disagree with me but it seems to me that pulling your firearm, aiming and firing should be one action as quickly and as accurately as you can do it. The gun shouldn't clear leather unless you plan to fire it. Otherwise, in your own mind, you did not fear imminent bodily injury or death to yourself or others. If I were the prosecutor trying to put you away for brandishing that's how I'd argue the case. That's pretty much what I was taught at my concealed carry class as well.
    In Texas the threat of force is justified if the use of force is justified.
    Force is justified to "stop" the threat and only the amount of force necessary to stop the treat should be used. If by pulling your gun the BG has a sudden change of heart then you have stopped the threat. If I pull my gun I am ready to use it but if I do not have to use it then all the better.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

We all agree that LE should have been called for several reasons. It was obvious this bum was looking for an easy mark and got more than what he was looking for. We are all thankful that dh came out of this confrontation unscathed. We should also give a thumbs up to establishments like Wal-Mart for supporting the right of the individual to CCW/CWP on their premises (Starbuck’s Coffee gets an honorable mention here too). I would like to see a thread started (unless one has been started, then by all means direct myself and others to it) of CWP/CCW friendly businesses both local and nationwide. That way we can support the businesses that support us.
    "While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny." ~ Rev. Nicholas Collin, 1789~

I'm shocked that so many people say "Don't call the police." It's your responsibility to protect yourself, and DH did fine with that part. It's your civic duty to freakin report a crime, stand up like a man (or woman) and testify if necessary.

I find it saddening they people won't step up and worse that so many think it is ok.

And yes, I've actually gone through this. It was a hassle, and I was worried (my buddy and I were attacked by a street gang in Atlanta), but it sure felt better than skulking off to avoid any "issues" or discomfort.

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    I'm shocked that so many people say "Don't call the police." It's your responsibility to protect yourself, and DH did fine with that part. It's your civic duty to freakin report a crime, stand up like a man (or woman) and testify if necessary.

I find it saddening they people won't step up and worse that so many think it is ok.

And yes, I've actually gone through this. It was a hassle, and I was worried (my buddy and I were attacked by a street gang in Atlanta), but it sure felt better than skulking off to avoid any "issues" or discomfort.

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

I've done some research and considering the fact that the OP is no longer here (banned) along with a few other suspect postings, I'm gonna file this one into the "probably bovine scatology" file. In plain English, I seriously doubt that the incident happened. Should a list member encounter a similar situation, I stand by my earlier advice and say that if you ever end up in a situation where your SD firearm is used to defend yourself (draw down on a BG or need to expose the firearm in the process), I strongly recommend YOU be the first to call 911 and report the incident.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast