Taurus PT140 Millennium Pro - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Taurus PT140 Millennium Pro

1. I have the PT-111 Pro, I carry with one in the chamber and safty off. My other carry weapon is a SigPro 2022, it does not have a slide safty.

I carry one as well in a super tuck with one chambered and safety on. I did not always carry it cocked but it would take time to cock it that you may not have.

4. Quote Originally Posted by DougG View Post
    I carry one as well in a super tuck with one chambered and safety on. I did not always carry it cocked but it would take time to cock it that you may not have.
    Takes two hands to cock it also (practically speaking) and so a second hand you might not have free if/when it is belt to belt combat.

5. Question Carry PT-111 Uncocked??

Wondering how you two get one in the chamber with the gun uncocked?? If you managed to do so you still have a double action trigger pull and it does not require "cocking" (ie. moving the slide again). Guns are not inherently dangerous, people are.

All MODERN DA an DA/SA pistols use transfer bars (there may be some foriegn made exceptions, so know your pistol). It is perfectly safe to carry with one in the chamber and the safety set to the fire position. Even dropping them while in this configuration will not discharge the weapon. Use your decocker if you have one and then place it back in the fire position.

Even modern revolvers use a transfer bar. You can tell by the hammer being flat. If the hammer has a firing pin on it, then know that it can discharge if dropped.

The most dangerous part of a Glock is the fact you must pull the trigger for disassembly. Make quadruple sure that the chamber is empty, and point it in a safe direction.

Keep your finger off the trigger until ready to fire and keep your finger off the trigger when holstering/reholstering.
    A citizen who shirks his duty to contribute to the security of his community is little better than the criminal who threatens it.

Quote Originally Posted by chroode View Post
    All MODERN DA an DA/SA pistols use transfer bars (there may be some foriegn made exceptions, so know your pistol). It is perfectly safe to carry with one in the chamber and the safety set to the fire position. Even dropping them while in this configuration will not discharge the weapon. Use your decocker if you have one and then place it back in the fire position.

Even modern revolvers use a transfer bar. You can tell by the hammer being flat. If the hammer has a firing pin on it, then know that it can discharge if dropped.

The most dangerous part of a Glock is the fact you must pull the trigger for disassembly. Make quadruple sure that the chamber is empty, and point it in a safe direction.

Keep your finger off the trigger until ready to fire and keep your finger off the trigger when holstering/reholstering.
    A cop, 31 years on the force, just shot himself in the leg this past week, pulling the trigger on his Glock to release the slide. Go figure.

I have to do the same thing on my XD but I lock it back first, then slowly release the slide forward as I pull the trigger. So, I know my XD is unloaded since it's locked back first. How is the Glock different?

Quote Originally Posted by alan93 View Post
    You saying only that "the striker is cocked at all times" without mentioning the firing pin block or transfer bar does a disservice to the saftey features of this gun imo.

Also, praciticing your 1, 2, and 3, sounds more dangerous than carrying it cocked and safetied in a holster.
    I have a PT140SS 3rd gen Millennium Pro. I have no qualms about carrying it with the striker cocked and the safety on (cocked and locked) but this guy's 1, 2, 3 would scare the crap out of me. It's really a bad idea. The Taurus has multiple safety features.
    MOLON LABE

I've carried a PT145 3rd generation for three years now. Round chambered and safety on. Never a problem.

As for decocking one of these, there is NO safe way to decock a Millennium series pistol.
    "How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." -- Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)

No safe way, and the "double action" mode isn't always adequate on these pistols to fire a round anyway. I had one for quite some time and figured out how to (unsafely) get it into DA mode on the first shot. It didn't always go bang.
    Gun control: Forcing a 95lb woman to fist fight a 300lb rapist

11. Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    A cop, 31 years on the force, just shot himself in the leg this past week, pulling the trigger on his Glock to release the slide. Go figure.

I have to do the same thing on my XD but I lock it back first, then slowly release the slide forward as I pull the trigger. So, I know my XD is unloaded since it's locked back first. How is the Glock different?
    Which is why the Taurus MP (and others) have a safety feature which requires locking it open to remove the take down pin before pulling the trigger and releasing the slide.
    Seems like it was made that way for people like your cop friend.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast