protocol with police officers
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: protocol with police officers

protocol with police officers

I know if I'm driving a car an get pulled over I should tell officer I'm carrying but this morning four officers came in a diner an sat across from me,was it nessasary to inform them?I was thinking would it be a good idea to have a business card that stated the fact an just hand it to them? Would be a lot easyer than walking over to them an making them very nervous,just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by mrblugil View Post
    I know if I'm driving a car an get pulled over I should tell officer I'm carrying but this morning four officers came in a diner an sat across from me,was it nessasary to inform them?I was thinking would it be a good idea to have a business card that stated the fact an just hand it to them? Would be a lot easyer than walking over to them an making them very nervous,just a thought
    If you have a license the short answer is no. If you do not have a license to carry you better not tell them unless you want to go to jail.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

IIRC Michigan law basically says you need to inform IF you are interacting with an officer while he is performing his duties (pulled you over, questioning you as a witness or suspect, etc.). No need to otherwise.

Yeah, no... LEO isn't interested in your legally CC. And, in TEXAS, you are NOT required to inform an LEO that you CC.
    Blessed be my God, my mountain, who trains me to fight fair and well! Psalm 144 (msg)
    ...follow me at twitter.com/matthewaynelson

Especially don't bother them if they're eating lunch. You don't need to worry about bothering every cop you see just because you have a CCL.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by benjammin View Post
    IIRC Michigan law basically says you need to inform IF you are interacting with an officer while he is performing his duties (pulled you over, questioning you as a witness or suspect, etc.). No need to otherwise.
    This. ONLY during official interaction. If LEO just says "Hi. Nice weather." There is no duty to inform.

8. Quote Originally Posted by matthewaynelson View Post
    Yeah, no... LEO isn't interested in your legally CC. And, in TEXAS, you are NOT required to inform an LEO that you CC.
    If you are pulled over for a traffic violation in Texas, you need to show both CCL and DL.

Quote Originally Posted by airbornerangerboogie View Post
    ... if you are pulled over for a traffic violation in Texas, you need to show both CCL and DL.
    I'm not saying that I wouldn't notify an officer if I were pulled over... however, as of September 1, 2009, you are no longer required to do so in Texas.

The 81st Texas Legislature passed several new House Bills that either directly or indirectly effect Concealed Handgun Laws or specific firearms laws.

HB2730 – Removes DPS authority to suspend a concealed handgun license (CHL) for the holder’s failure to display the CHL to a peace officer on demand. It removes associated penalties and suspensions for the failure to display. source
    Blessed be my God, my mountain, who trains me to fight fair and well! Psalm 144 (msg)
    ...follow me at twitter.com/matthewaynelson

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaynelson View Post
    I'm not saying that I wouldn't notify an officer if I were pulled over... however, as of September 1, 2009, you are no longer required to do so in Texas.
    Technically I think you are still required to notify but they removed the penality if you don't which is I guess a law without any teeth.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by mrblugil View Post
    Unless I am in a mandatory notification state, I do NOT notify right away. If I need to reach to an area where my pistol is, I do. If the officer were to ask me to step out of the vehicle, I would. I would never consider telling every officer I see that I am carrying a concealed pistol. Tell the wrong officer that you are carrying a pistol and you will be looking at charges of threatening an officer.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast