Getmo prisoners - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getmo prisoners

Here I was thinking that the mindset of the government was to get rid of terrorists. By getting rid of them, does that mean taking all the people who are thought to be terrorists and moving them to a semi-permanent place in the US? Would that open us up to more attacks and violence if some of the prisoners' buddies decide that they don't need to be locked up anymore, and it's time for someone to get them either broken out or released? Maybe it's just me...

Being from the Peoples Republic of Illinois, I think it only fair that if they want to store the terrorists here, and of course their buddies will be coming for visits, we citizens should be allowed CCW. Just my way of thinking. . . but then I always thought there should be open season on terrorists.

4. And I thought I was the only one...

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    hey oldvet53: Leave it up to the "do as I say not as I do" ivory tower politicians and the slimeball in the White House and his slimeball attorney general to come up with these fiascos. THEY have nothing to worry about, what with their own secret service security, their own pension, their own healthcare, so it is easy to say that the US should be above the moral outrage of Gitmo--********. If you tear the arms and legs off of one of these terrorists and it save one American soldier's life, it is worth it--then again they do not give a **** about our soldiers, only their "agenda" for this country which is going down the toilet under a barrage of unforgiving debt.The American people cannot really do that much until the next Nov elections--if they do not turn this congress around, its time to pack up and get out of this country, which is going down the crapper to third worldism--then again where can you go--if we fail the rest of this planet will go with us in a free fall.
    who sees things this way. KelCarry, you're right on! Terrorist? War Criminal? What's the difference - just shove their Koran up their ass and light it on fire. They are animals captured on a field of battle, actively fighting or planning a fight against US troops and the local govt. They have no rights. They have no due process. Saw off a few of their heads with a dull sword and see how much info the rest'll start providing about their organizations. Can't be any worse than field dressing a deer, except i actually feel some remorse each time i kill a deer.

So we have a president so inept that he bows to dictators, fails to keep appointments with a king, gives a fu**ing DVD player to the Queen mother, tries to be pals with terrorists, accepts a Nobel prize he hasn't come anywhere near winning (would have been far more "noble" to have decllined), is plunging us into debt that only Swedish-style income taxes could overcome, is a laughing stock among foreign leaders, a metrosexual monotone teleprompter monkey who hasn't ever accomplished anything actual in his entire life, wants to ban all guns because they scare him, takes 3 months to decide whether we need to send in more troops to the hell-hole in Afghanistan (let alone that he can't even say the word "win" when talking about the war on terror), dreams of national health care, one world order, one world government, and wonders why we all can't just get along. And this ***** is my boss - i'm a fed. I've heard the SS even debates whether they should take the bullet for him, he's such a prick. At least his approval rating is free-falling and he looks un-electable at this point.

Tell you what, this guy is far more dangerous than Jimmy Carter, and not even half as smart. Ever hear this jackass talk off the teleprompter? He makes GW sound like a Professor of English.

So, shall i tell you how i really feel?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants ... for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Daugherty16 View Post
    So, shall i tell you how i really feel?

Please do!!!

6. Quote Originally Posted by vn6869 View Post
    Being from the Peoples Republic of Illinois, I think it only fair that if they want to store the terrorists here, and of course their buddies will be coming for visits, we citizens should be allowed CCW. Just my way of thinking. . . but then I always thought there should be open season on terrorists.
    No, don't you see, they are being sent to IL because of your strict gun laws. The president knows that the terrorists will see all the firearm restrictions and realize that if they try anything they would be breaking the law. The president would then have to speak harshly with them after issuing another apology for America making them want to kill us.

I think they should build a prison for them in D.C. near the Capitol. That way they could be near all the other criminals
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Why do we take them prioners, we should kill them and eliminate the problem.
    "My choices in life were
    either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician.. And to tell
    the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Daugherty16 View Post
    He makes GW sound like a Professor of English.
    Not that I was ever the biggest fan of the Bush Administration, but he did counter-play the news media very well. George W. Bush is not stupid. No one who graduates from Yale is stupid or uneducated. That being said George let the media make him look like he was unpolished and bumbling, just like Gerald Ford. And he was brilliant for doing so. Face it, the News media HATES Republican Presidents, Republican Speakers of the House, and the Republic in general. G.W.Bush knew that, and played into their game. Let the news media make him look like an idiot, so that political oponents under-estimate him.

Case in point, Hariet Meyers nomination for the Supreme Court. George ultimately did not want Hariet Meyers to be the one filling the vacancy on the court, he wanted Sam Allito. But had he nominated Sam Allito from the get go, the Democrats would have shot his nomination down. By first nominating Hariet Meyers he gave the Democrats someone to rally against, nomination gets pulled, Allito being the "second" choice gets the knod.

This play was actually a rerun of something that William Jefferson Clinton had done over eight years prior to get Janet Reno as A.G. You might not remember the name Zoey Baird (spelling?), that was the first woman that Clinton nominated for A.G. so that the Republicans would not have much reason to object to Janet Reno being nominated. Reno accepted the nomination by saying very unenthusiasticly, "I've paid all my taxes, and I never hired any aliens."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12