Revolver People - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 62

Thread: Revolver People

  1. Quote Originally Posted by s2harry View Post
    Charter Arms Undercover 38 and Bulldog 44 special and Taurus 38 357 and 44 special 5 shot guns
    Any experience with the Charter Arms pistols. I have heard of them but, really never given them a look. They are pretty reasonable in price and have a lifetime ganuntee.

  2.   
  3. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sunny South Florida
    Posts
    486
    I just picked up a stainless Ruger GP-100 4" this week, first revolver I've owned in 30 years. Too big and heavy for most concealed carry but it feels like it will be real nice as an OC sidearm in the bushes.

  4. #13
    As mentioned before, less weight generally means more recoil. I have and carry 2 different SP101s, and an XD40SC. The SP101 is heavy but doesn't recoil as bad as lighter weights. If I had to pick only one for CC, it would probably be the SP101. Powerful, reliable, deadly, no worries...need I say more?
    luvmyRugers

  5. #14
    S&W J Frame 340PD chambered for .357 Mag...hands down. I typically carry in my right front pants pocket as my back up or as my primary, depending.....

  6. Quote Originally Posted by luvmyRugers View Post
    As mentioned before, less weight generally means more recoil. I have and carry 2 different SP101s, and an XD40SC. The SP101 is heavy but doesn't recoil as bad as lighter weights. If I had to pick only one for CC, it would probably be the SP101. Powerful, reliable, deadly, no worries...need I say more?

    I know I like it as well. Just need to try and shoot it. Just looking for something lighter. The dimensions are not that drastic compared to a smith J-frame. For instance overall length ruger 7" and the smith is 6.375. The cylinder width ruger 1.349 vs. 1.34 on the smith. frame width ruger .744 and the smith .697 so, not much different except the weight. As i said I need to get to a range and fire one before I buy. It's just weight but, I think that will make it better to handle. Oh one last thing hammer or hammerless. thanks

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MA, Away from the liberal loonies...
    Posts
    2,658
    Quote Originally Posted by surfcc View Post
    S&W J Frame 340PD chambered for .357 Mag...hands down. I typically carry in my right front pants pocket as my back up or as my primary, depending.....
    I gotta know... How bad is the recoil on that 340 with 357 Mags like say Federal 357B's? I carry those in my 65 and that has some buck with those loads. I held the 340 and was kinda turned off by the lack of mass and weight in my hand... I love Smith & Wesson stuff, but... Kinda too light...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

    I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

  8. #17
    Go with the S&W j frame 38 - I also have a 22lr that I rotate with my Crimson Trace.

  9. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by njsportsman View Post
    Oh one last thing hammer or hammerless. thanks
    Both of mine have hammers. Ruger does sell a hammer-less version with and without the CT grip...
    As my screen name indicates I'm a Ruger guy but it doesn't matter to me what brand you buy. My advice only relates to the WEIGHT of the revolver you choose. If it is too light, you won't carry it because of the recoil.
    Good luck with your decision.
    luvmyRugers

  10. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    783
    Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    I gotta know... How bad is the recoil on that 340 with 357 Mags like say Federal 357B's? I carry those in my 65 and that has some buck with those loads. I held the 340 and was kinda turned off by the lack of mass and weight in my hand... I love Smith & Wesson stuff, but... Kinda too light...
    With heavy loads the recoil is terrible in these light guns. It feels like a small bomb went off in your hand. A buddy of mine has one; .38 sp. is managable, +P was stout, but we just had to see what it was like with full house .357's. 5 shots was way too much and I'm not particularly recoil sensitive. FWIW
    “You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you mad.” – Aldous Huxley

  11. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MA, Away from the liberal loonies...
    Posts
    2,658
    Quote Originally Posted by MI .45 View Post
    With heavy loads the recoil is terrible in these light guns. It feels like a small bomb went off in your hand. A buddy of mine has one; .38 sp. is managable, +P was stout, but we just had to see what it was like with full house .357's. 5 shots was way too much and I'm not particularly recoil sensitive. FWIW
    I would expect that. I practice with 38 spec in the 65 and maybe the last 24 rounds at the range I'll run some 357 mags 158gr JSP to remind myself what it's gonna feel like if I have to use it for real with the 357B's.

    I had a guy that was next to me the last trip to the range who had never fired a revolver larger than 22LR ask me how it felt. I loaded it and allowed him to try it. The first 5 were 38 spec the last one was a 357 mag. He fired the first 3 turned and said "it's not all that bad", I said "3 more to go, keep your hands on it". He got to number 6 and turned to me and said "what was that?" I said "5 38 specials and one 357 mag". He smiled and shook his hand out.
    You can give peace a chance alright..

    I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast