Irony at Wal*Mart - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Irony at Wal*Mart

Conversation I overheard while near the Walmart gun center:

"i don't care if you are on the biatholon team, there's no way we are selling you a rifle and a ski mask!"

Liability and fear of law suits has all kinds of businesses performing tasks that make no rational sense, other than simply C Y A.

The bigger the business, the bigger the potential for a bigger suit.
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

Quote Originally Posted by RugerP345 View Post
    Same here in town. I thought about writing a letter to the store manager. I'm sure the reason is for "safety of the other customers." However, if I was going to go postal, wouldn't it be a lot easier to snatch my already-loaded .45 off my hip and start blasting Vs. breaking loose all the tape on the box, opening the cardboard box, loading the rifle, and then start shooting?

Not to mention cleaning off all of the excessive lubricant and quickly load the magazine(s).

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Same thing with me at Cabela's when I bought my pistol, just no radio or verbal announcements. The salesman carried the pistol til we got out the door. I guess the idear is so that you don't load the gun while in the store... but if that was someone's intention, they could just do it outside then come back in. And this is in Idaho where CCW is common. Oh well...

I've bought all of my handguns from Sportsman Warehouse. They have always walked them to the cashier. When the transaction is complete, the cashier puts them in a bag and says "Have a nice day".

7. Gander Mountain has the same policy less radio and the transfer ends when they give you the piece outside their front door. Why...I'm not really sure. ..something to do with liability...DAH!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat61 View Post
    Same thing with me at Cabela's when I bought my pistol, just no radio or verbal announcements. The salesman carried the pistol til we got out the door. I guess the idear is so that you don't load the gun while in the store... but if that was someone's intention, they could just do it outside then come back in. And this is in Idaho where CCW is common. Oh well...
    But at that point they are no longer liable for anything that happens, that is the simple reason for the policy.

It might also have something to do with the item you're buying. They do the same thing to me at Bestbuy when I buy something that costs more than about $500 and is relatively small. Heck, they even do it with Ipods that are less than $200.

At the end of the day, this policy makes it harder to steal guns than if they just hand it to you and let you walk it to the register yourself.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by NRA UR2 View Post
    Gander Mountain has the same policy less radio and the transfer ends when they give you the piece outside their front door. Why...I'm not really sure. ..something to do with liability...DAH!!
    I have purchased a couple at Gander Mountain and they only placed them in my bag after I did the paper work and paid for it. You are allowed to carry in the store with a CC it is store policy.

Of course its a liability thing, but it also makes security a bit easier for them. If a firearm leaves there store in hands other than that of an employee, then it is stolen ... no question. That covers all the probable cause questions in a force detainment that would likely accompany the action.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast