Irony at Wal*Mart - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Irony at Wal*Mart

The Wal Mart Mgr here does walk to the door and then gives the gun to the buyer. No radio or conversation.

Perhaps have the customer come around to a shipping and loading door/dock at the rear of the store and load it there?

It would alleviate the need for all the fuss and radio communication.

I know I know… too easy and it makes sense…
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Seems to me that the stores ten need to walk me out when I purchase kitchen knives, box cutters, paint thinner or other chemicals (after all I could make a bomb with this) or any item that has a caution warning that it could be harmful to humans.
    Also why are other people looking into your bags at what you purchased inside the store. What if it is a BIBLE or X rated movie are they going to complain about these also?

5. I think the policy is due to insurance liability more than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Minuteman View Post
    I think the policy is due to insurance liability more than anything else.
    How's that?

7. Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    How's that?
    If some nut purchased a weapon at the store and without leaving the store blew away a few folks, you don't think the store would be held responsible and sued by all concerned. What world do you live in?

Quote Originally Posted by Minuteman View Post
    If some nut purchased a weapon at the store and without leaving the store blew away a few folks, you don't think the store would be held responsible and sued by all concerned. What world do you live in?
    Wouldn't make much of a difference if the "nut case" simply took the firearm out of the box in the parking lot, loaded up and went back into the store.

I think that "what world do you live in?" remark was uncalled for.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Wouldn't make much of a difference if the "nut case" simply took the firearm out of the box in the parking lot, loaded up and went back into the store.

I think that "what world do you live in?" remark was uncalled for.

gf
    My thoughts exactly! Insurance liability? Let's think this through. What difference would it make if someone unloaded from inside or outside, or walked outside and came back in, or never left, or whatever? They'd be sued anyway! I wonder what the insurance stats might be on this, if any. Maybe the insurance companies just run scared and try anything they can think of to hedge their bets, even if it makes no sense.

And, thanks, gf.

Here is what I gather from this:
    1) We can diffuse a situation by displaying a weapon. BG will not attempt a attack on an armed citizen.
    2) BG's are cowards. Display and they are likley to run like a cockroach from a light.
    3) I carry a 'pocket' pistol for convience. My issue is how much impact will a small handgun have vs a larger sidearm?
    4) I'm inclined to carry my larger weapon for the reason that if I display the larger weapon I will not have to fire it. If the 'pocket' is drawn there might be less of an 'AW CRAP' from the BG.

Something to ponder.

11. Quote Originally Posted by williemartin View Post
    4) I'm inclined to carry my larger weapon for the reason that if I display the larger weapon I will not have to fire it. If the 'pocket' is drawn there might be less of an 'AW CRAP' from the BG.
    Hey, but you might have a better shot at him if he is doubled over from laughing so hard!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast