Irony at Wal*Mart
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Irony at Wal*Mart

Irony at Wal*Mart

After purchasing a rifle at the local Wal*Mart, a manager is contacted to walk the customer and the rifle out of the store. The rifle is still boxed. Along the way the manager keeps in contact with someone at the other end of her radio, letting them know where she and the customer are located, leaving the sporting goods area, going past the automotive section, now outside, etc., etc., etc. Once the rifle is deposited inside the customer's vehicle the manager lets the radio know that her job is finished. I wonder if she might see the irony, what she might have said or done, had she known that the customer and spouse were cc'ing? So, what is the purpose of Wal*Mart's policy?

Exclamation It is a walmart safety precaution

Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    After purchasing a rifle at the local Wal*Mart, a manager is contacted to walk the customer and the rifle out of the store. The rifle is still boxed. Along the way the manager keeps in contact with someone at the other end of her radio, letting them know where she and the customer are located, leaving the sporting goods area, going past the automotive section, now outside, etc., etc., etc. Once the rifle is deposited inside the customer's vehicle the manager lets the radio know that her job is finished. I wonder if she might see the irony, what she might have said or done, had she known that the customer and spouse were cc'ing? So, what is the purpose of Wal*Mart's policy?
    They did the same to me when I bought a muzzleloader for my son's B-day. It really serves no useful purpose other than to let any jerk who wants to listen to the NON SECURE walmart radio know where to get a gun and what car to break into as soon as you leave to finish shopping.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

4. wal mart here just walked out the door to parking lot no radio. but that has been years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    They did the same to me when I bought a muzzleloader for my son's B-day. It really serves no useful purpose other than to let any jerk who wants to listen to the NON SECURE walmart radio know where to get a gun and what car to break into as soon as you leave to finish shopping.
    Bass Pro Shops have the same type of policy. Good point about the radio, Festus. The Wal*Mart manager did mention to the radio that she had a box with a gun, but not that it was a rifle. I don't believe that she mentioned in what vehicle she placed the box, though I suppose that anyone listening could also be following. Heck, they could be following without listening! So, a better scenario might be: next time the customer and spouse will visit the sporting goods department last, get in said vehicle, then leave the area!

That's standard Walmart policy. They jut carry it outside the main entrance around here and give it to the customer.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Same here in town. I thought about writing a letter to the store manager. I'm sure the reason is for "safety of the other customers." However, if I was going to go postal, wouldn't it be a lot easier to snatch my already-loaded .45 off my hip and start blasting Vs. breaking loose all the tape on the box, opening the cardboard box, loading the rifle, and then start shooting?

In the beginning, the patriot is a scarce man -- brave, hated, and scorned. But when his cause succeeds, the timid join him. For then, it costs nothing to be a patriot. -- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    ...what car to break into as soon as you leave to finish shopping.

I would hope the buyer whould have enough intelligence to do their shopping FIRST and then go buy the gun. If they are stoopid enough to leave a gun in the car after everyone watches them put it in there, then turn around and go back in, they are probably not intelligent enough to be handling a gun anyway.

In the beginning, the patriot is a scarce man -- brave, hated, and scorned. But when his cause succeeds, the timid join him. For then, it costs nothing to be a patriot. -- Mark Twain

Count yourselves lucky if your local wal mart still sells firearms period. Thoise that still do are getting fewer and fewer. And I was always in a hurry to go shoot whatever firearm I had just bought.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by rugerfan.64 View Post
    Count yourselves lucky if your local wal mart still sells firearms period. Thoise that still do are getting fewer and fewer. And I was always in a hurry to go shoot whatever firearm I had just bought.
    Yup, and not that I really care, but we're certainly lucky that Rosie O'D hasn't found out! j/k

at my part time job , which is Cabela's in hoff. este.,il . we have the same policy.we walk the firearm to outside the main entrance ,then give the customer their piece.
    company policy & can u say " LIABILITY " .EVERYONE SUES EVERYBODY FOR ANYTHING.just a " per say " safety measure.we cant even help a customer load & tie up a canoe or kayak on the vehicle.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast