How do you carry???? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you carry????

Just curious as to why the ankle holster is out of the question? I know its a little less tactically sound but I use one for the 38 special I carry everyday. You gain everything in comfort if thats what youre looking for. It wouldnt work well for a larger pistol but definitely works for small revolvers. But whenever I carry my Sig 40 I use a blackhawk retention holster for my belt. But its extremely noticeable without a coat. you just gotta try different ones out and see what works best.

Depends a lot on WHAT you plan to carry. I carry a Kel-Tec P-3AT (.380) as my main carry gun most of the time. I carry it in a pocketholsters.com holster with a wallet backer that totally eliminates printing. I carry it right front pocket.

That is my choice because I am in shorts virtually all of the time. I also have a Kahr PM-9 that I carry IWB sometimes when I want something a bit bigger on me, of course that requires a belt.

I also have a Bianchi X-15 shoulder holster that fits both my Ruger .357 mag and my Bertetta Vertec. Generally I use this rig with the .357 in the brush. It does not get hung up on branches,etc, is up away from water and makes a convenient carry for a bigger gun.

For me it depends. What time of the year i.e. temperature, what kind of clothes I am wearing, Where I am going and what I am going to be doing. Sometimes in a strong side or cross draw holster or both as I often carry two guns. Sometimes in coat pockets. Sometimes in a concealed carry vest. Sometimes in a fanny pack.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Search for Smart Carry or Khoslter on Google and You Tube. I heard nothing but good things about both products. Ultimately it's personal preference on how you carry. Best advise I can give you is first know whats out there, then talk to gun carry owners and ofcourse try some holsters out and see what you like.

I myself have a standard plastic holster for my XD 40 that comes with a locking feature on it (made by CQC holsters, purchased from Blackhawk.com) problem is this makes my gun stick out like a sore thumb so I'm forced to wear a jacket to conceal it. My next holster will be from both Smart Carry and Khoslter.

Good luck
    "Be polite. Be professional. Be prepared to kill."
    LTC John Nagl

Quote Originally Posted by KathleenElsie View Post
    Shoulder for wearing with a jacket, pocket for wearing with jeans skirts, purse if no other choice, leg band with long formal skirts and dresses, belt holster for everyday wear around the house, spandex under a loose blouse or just on my lap while driving. LOL a way for all occasions. Of course it is possible that there is more then one on my person but then only a criminal will ever know.
    This advice is a good one. Thanks KathleenElsie...the only thing I do not like is the ...just on my lap while driving...thing. I do not think I am game to do this yet. In my spare break yesterday I was looking at a holster called Safepacker Holster. I haven't made up my mind about it yet. I need to do more research on it as I only have a little time in between breath.

Thanks for your input. I really appreciate it.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

7. I use a Kydex/leather hybrid belt slide holster that I made along with a two mag holster which carries two SS mags filled to the rim with .45 ACP hardball and a government 1911 snug at the hip.

I've tried a tactical thigh holster, I have a nice Safariland but generally use that for the woods.

I don't much care for the Nylon holsters and will not wear a paddle holster. I've tried a few others with negative results so I made my own.
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum. . .Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis. . . .Nemo me impune lacessit . . .Veritas vos Liberabit. . . .ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! . . . .Write, speak, do!

8. I use either a keltec on a pocket clip, or a 1911 in a crossbreedsupertuck. I have worn the supertuck without a belt if the pants are semi snug without problem and with a slightly oversized t-shirt it hides well. Keltec hanging in the wasteband from the pocket clip with no belt not a problem at all.

Check out CrossBreed SuperTuck. I should get a cut for all the times I recommend them... I would recommend a belt with it for a heavy weapon though…

Also Blackhawk CQC holsters are good. I like the locking retention feature, makes it hard for someone to grab it. The lock release is in a very natural location. I have the one with the paddle and the belt loop attachment.

Welcome to the site…
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    This advice is a good one. Thanks KathleenElsie...the only thing I do not like is the ...just on my lap while driving...thing. I do not think I am game to do this yet. In my spare break yesterday I was looking at a holster called Safepacker Holster. I haven't made up my mind about it yet. I need to do more research on it as I only have a little time in between breath.

Thanks for your input. I really appreciate it.
    Well I have to drive through some bad parts of town to get to some places. Very HIGH crime rates and my being quite pale, small and OLD (LOL) makes me a target. There have been three times I have had to pick the Mauser off my lap and each time those that were interested in me and the car turned cursed and left me alone.

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Careful you can not use the word pervert these days. It is not politically correct don't you know. It is now called sexually challenged.
    Not only that, we don't want the anti's to start saying we are ALL "sexually challenged"! I wouldn't put THAT label on ya Bear!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast