How do you carry???? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you carry????

Plus 1 on the Fobus Paddle. I recently had a chance to try one and it sure beats an Uncle Mike's IWB

I almost always carry 4:00 strongside either IWB or OWB. Do yourself a favor and invest in a good belt now, it will safe you alot of hassle when your pants start sagging, or twisting. If belt carry is out of the question, then I would look into pocket carry, belly band, smart carry, or an ankle or shoulder holster.

I used a Don Hume IWB with both my G23 and 40VE. The holsters I used both had a metal clip that didn't require a belt and was a nice durable leather. Sorry I don't have either (sold them with both autos) or I would give the model numbers. As long as your pants fit correctly (don't fall carrying) all is well.
    I also carried for a lack of a better term "Mexican" which is sans holster placing the gun against the butt cheek inside the waist band of your underwear. Once again this requires proper fitting pants. Again I am sorry and I hope I didn't offend anyone.
    I am currently using a DeSantis paddle type but waiting on a Crossbreed.
    God, Family, Country...
    ...and a good lead slinger don't hurt.

I use a Miami Classic Shoulder Holster from Galco quite extensively. I also like Lou Alessi's Ankle holster.

Carry a 1911 MOD1 using a shoulder holster or SOB. Although a bit cumbersome at times, I have the size to conceal. Will probably downsize to Kimber Ultra II or Sprindfield XD compact. But while the weather is cool, I prefer the shoulder the best.

Quote Originally Posted by BearTaylor View Post
    You can carry a small handgun in an "inside the pocket" holster as long as you don't print.
    Perfectly legal to print in South Carolina. As such, I carry with no holster in jeans or jacket pocket. Still can't really see my LCP.

You did not state what type of firearm you carry. If you are willing to go to a 9mm for your carry weapon and want it as a close-in defense weapon, I recommend you look at the Kahr PM9 and pocket carry the piece. There are light Kydex holsters from FIST that work well in pocket carry. The weapon with loaded mag is not heavy and even without a belt you could probably carry it in your strong side pocket without difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by ulfootball211 View Post
    I just got my CCL in KY, however I dont wear a belt most of the time. Any advice on carrying without belt? Ankle holster is out of the question. Thanks for any advice.
    With no belt and no ankle holster, like others, I would recommend you take a hard look at the SmartCarry:

SmartCarry - Concealed Gun Holsters

For concealment and comfort it is hard to beat. Everyting is a compromise. Depending on what you wear, access to your weapon may be unacceptably slow with the SmartCarry.
    The Founders Got It Right - Back To The Constitution
    NRA (Life) - GOA (Life) - NAGR - GOSC (Life) - GrassRoots GunRights SC

Buy a belt and expend your choices. I use a shoulder holster (horizontal postion) Cocked & Locked for my 45. It's great for generl ware. Also have SOB as a second.
    NRA Slide Holster Black, NRAStore.com - Product Detail 324 BLK
    It's inexpensive and can be used for multiple postions.IF driving long distence, of course, it can be a bit uncomfortable if worn SOB.

TWO ROUNDS-EVALUATE-TWO ROUNDS. KIS......KEEP IT SIMPLE

11. Quote Originally Posted by ulfootball211 View Post
    I just got my CCL in KY, however I dont wear a belt most of the time. Any advice on carrying without belt? Ankle holster is out of the question. Thanks for any advice.

You didn't mention what gun, but a J-frame goes well in a Mika pocket holster.
    My .38's are Special.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast