How do you carry????
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you carry????

1. How do you carry????

I just got my CCL in KY, however I dont wear a belt most of the time. Any advice on carrying without belt? Ankle holster is out of the question. Thanks for any advice.

I carry open and I prefer a drop leg.

You can either start wearing a belt or get a shoulder holster.

Duct tape is pretty handy stuff...

Or, if you're not tough enough to handle that; how about a small handgun in a pocket holster?
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Start wearing a belt and use a good "inside the pants" holster. I recommend a good leather one because it's easy to reholster your weapon after pulling it out.

You can carry a small handgun in an "inside the pocket" holster as long as you don't print. I have same pants that can hide a PPS .40 with ease. Also I'm an serious motorcycle rider and often conceal a handgun in my leather vest pocket.

I do have a shoulder holster but it's designed to carry one of my hunting guns--a Super Red Hawk in .44 mag. It's just a tad too large for normal carry.

Quote Originally Posted by ulfootball211 View Post
    I just got my CCL in KY, however I dont wear a belt most of the time. Any advice on carrying without belt? Ankle holster is out of the question. Thanks for any advice.
    check out concealment holsters in your search engine. They make an elastic band with holster on it designed to be worn around waist under shirt. never tried one out, so can't really advise as to comfort or anything. start wearing a belt with IWB holster MAY be the best route. A good leather or kydex hoster would be the best. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by BearTaylor View Post
    Start wearing a belt and use a good "inside the pants" holster. I recommend a good leather one because it's easy to reholster your weapon after pulling it out.

You can carry a small handgun in an "inside the pocket" holster as long as you don't print. I have same pants that can hide a PPS .40 with ease. Also I'm an serious motorcycle rider and often conceal a handgun in my leather vest pocket.

I do have a shoulder holster but it's designed to carry one of my hunting guns--a Super Red Hawk in .44 mag. It's just a tad too large for normal carry.
    You just need to wear an OVER size coat for concealment!!! LOL Seriously, I have tried shoulder holsters, didn't really like them that much. (beside the fact that with horizontal holster, gun is pointing at anyone behind you)

That's a good one Steve B........At least you didn't suggest a RAINCOAT. I wouldn't want to be known as the local pervert.

One man's perversion is another man's "Alternate Lifestyle".

On those rare occasions that I want to carry but don't want a belt (for some reason), I find a Fobus paddle holster to be a good choice. They're cheap, made for almost any sidearm, and the paddle goes down far enough and stabilizes well enough that everything stays pretty much where you want it. 'Course, I wouldn't recommend heavy exercise in this mode, but for normal everyday 'walkin' around' wear it should be fine.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Shoulder for wearing with a jacket, pocket for wearing with jeans skirts, purse if no other choice, leg band with long formal skirts and dresses, belt holster for everyday wear around the house, spandex under a loose blouse or just on my lap while driving. LOL a way for all occasions. Of course it is possible that there is more then one on my person but then only a criminal will ever know.

Quote Originally Posted by BearTaylor View Post
    That's a good one Steve B........At least you didn't suggest a RAINCOAT. I wouldn't want to be known as the local pervert.
    Careful you can not use the word pervert these days. It is not politically correct don't you know. It is now called sexually challenged.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast