Renting a Car Next To Methadone Clinic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Renting a Car Next To Methadone Clinic

Renting a Car Next To Methadone Clinic

Yesterday morning I took my car to the shop for brake work. The wife dropped me off at Hertz so I could rent a car for the day. Unbeknownst to me, it was next door to a Methadone clinic! I was filling out the paperwork and heard a commotion outside the door, in the paking lot. As I was walking out to my rental car, the commotion was two VERY large white males struggling with one another and shouting F-Bombs, along with their two large female significant others screaming FU to eachother.....and they were right behind my car. I asked that they please move along and to keep it down. That's when they looked at me with that look and one of the females approached me yelling that it wasn't her fault...I backed off and retreated to the foyer of the building to call 911 and she started to come toward me again and I ducked into the Hertz office. At this point, I didn't know what was going to happen...as it turns out she wanted me to call 911....which I was doing. While I was on the phone, telling the dispatcher where I was, he said, "Are you next to the meth clinic? I said, "I don't know, I'm just here renting a car." Local PD showed up a few minutes later and the Hertz agent went on to tell me about these incidents happenig all the time due to the meth clinic next door! She then showed me out the back door 30 cars in the parking lot along with close to 40 people smoking butts, waiting to get into the clinic for their fix.

It was comforting to know that I had my snubbie 340PD in my right front pocket. Luckily it never got to the point where I needed it. Just like the American Express commercial....Never leave home without it!

Stay Safe!

Sounds like you handled things well.. retreated when you could, and called the police when necessary..
    Of course you had your back-up with you.. My question for you...

OK.. So there was two big guys fighting, and two women also fighting.. IF they had turned their anger toward you all at once.. hummm.. with your fine S&W 5 shot revolver.. Humm.. You better make every shot count, and hope nobody else jumps in..

I know revolvers are more reliable, you pull, they go bang... But my 10 shots would make me feel a little more comfortable that if I missed once or twice, with all the adrenaline pumping, I still have some bullets to make up for those missed shots..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

What do a dead hero and dead coward have in common? They are both dead and dead men don't cause any more problems unless your name is James Brown. I recently had knee surgery, need back surgery and have a titanium plate in my neck but I still trust my feet more than my gun to get me out of situations like this. I think you did exactly the correct things and I know the feeling of having something to help if absolutely needed. Talking about the four BG's and only five shots I doubt that if you shot one the other three would be a problem even if they are strung out. Anytime confronted by a group shoot the leader and seldom will you have any trouble with the others.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    What do a dead hero and dead coward have in common? They are both dead and dead men don't cause any more problems unless your name is James Brown. I recently had knee surgery, need back surgery and have a titanium plate in my neck but I still trust my feet more than my gun to get me out of situations like this. I think you did exactly the correct things and I know the feeling of having something to help if absolutely needed. Talking about the four BG's and only five shots I doubt that if you shot one the other three would be a problem even if they are strung out. Anytime confronted by a group shoot the leader and seldom will you have any trouble with the others.
    +1 ...what he said.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Anytime confronted by a group shoot the leader and seldom will you have any trouble with the others.
    I absolutely agree..

But then again.. You are talking about strung out methadone addicts in need of a fix, or just received their fix and they MAY not be thinking as rational as normal people..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    ...and they MAY not be thinking as rational as normal people..
    That's what I was thinking. I've been around people in that state - needing, just had it, willing to do anything for it, etc... - and that's probably more frightening than most anything I can imagine as far as scenarios go.

renting a car

#1 have to agree but with my bursa thunder9pro ultra compact 13+1 i'd have more confidence!

9. I just had to register and comment on this most interesting post. I am a veteran of the Viet Nam Conflict, to be exact a non-com in the 5th Special Forces, a veteran of the 1967 Tet Offensive.
    I am going to let it suffice to say that for months I was in doubt about whether or not I was going to have a future or not and certainly both my M-16 and my sidearm were my constant companions and a source of confidence in those environs, however your post (and the responses given to this point) are undoubtedly some of the most dickless remarks I have ever heard.
    Don't get me wrong, I know how absolutely terrifying it must have been to hear these females use the f-word, in anger no less. I know that were I confronted with that I would feel the need for a large bore, high velocity handgun and some serious body armor.
    Boy, the temptation to open fire on these patients must have been overwhelming, had you been able to thin them out you could have followed up at the local mental hospital and possibly even worked your way down to eliminating some of those seniors down at the senior center. Talk about improving the community and making a statement to all of the degenerates who dare to occupy our space.
    The one thing that scares me more than all of the thieves, petty and otherwise, degenerates, and defectives at these so-called recovery programs are losers like you and your buddies, carrying your artificial cocks around itching for a chance to not look as scared as you feel. It won't work - what you are missing cannot be replaced by an inanimate object, regardless of caliber and configuration. Please, just try not to hurt anyone with it.

Dan White, unarmed and unafraid in one of the 10 largest cities in the USA

He who makes himself an ass, should not take it ill when men ride him - Thomas Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by DBWhite View Post
    I just had to register and comment on this most interesting post. I am a veteran of the Viet Nam Conflict, to be exact a non-com in the 5th Special Forces, a veteran of the 1967 Tet Offensive.
    I am going to let it suffice to say that for months I was in doubt about whether or not I was going to have a future or not and certainly both my M-16 and my sidearm were my constant companions and a source of confidence in those environs, however your post (and the responses given to this point) are undoubtedly some of the most dickless remarks I have ever heard.
    Don't get me wrong, I know how absolutely terrifying it must have been to hear these females use the f-word, in anger no less. I know that were I confronted with that I would feel the need for a large bore, high velocity handgun and some serious body armor.
    Boy, the temptation to open fire on these patients must have been overwhelming, had you been able to thin them out you could have followed up at the local mental hospital and possibly even worked your way down to eliminating some of those seniors down at the senior center. Talk about improving the community and making a statement to all of the degenerates who dare to occupy our space.
    The one thing that scares me more than all of the thieves, petty and otherwise, degenerates, and defectives at these so-called recovery programs are losers like you and your buddies, carrying your artificial cocks around itching for a chance to not look as scared as you feel. It won't work - what you are missing cannot be replaced by an inanimate object, regardless of caliber and configuration. Please, just try not to hurt anyone with it.

Uhhh... Wella, Wella, Dan... Hummm, I guess a Welcome is in order.. So, Welcome to the forum...
    Let me thank you for your service..
    It would seem that you have an opinion and you're not shy about sharing it...
    You never really say what you would have done in the situation, just that everyone that posted before you is a dickless wonder..
    I don't believe that there is anyone here that stated that they wish they had the chance to use there weapon in this situation.. In fact quite to opposite..
    Since we don't have the benefit of your great wisdom of how YOU would have handled things, I guess we will just continue fumbling in the dark, armed and scared..

Again.. Thanx for joining us..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Quote Originally Posted by DBWhite View Post
    I just had to register and comment on this most interesting post. I am a veteran of the Viet Nam Conflict, to be exact a non-com in the 5th Special Forces, a veteran of the 1967 Tet Offensive.

He who makes himself an ass, should not take it ill when men ride him - Thomas Fuller

Mr. White,

I know I speak for all of us when I say thank you for your service to our country.

However, I believe that the issue you mistake is that we, with our "artificial c#$%s," as you so eloquently put it, carry in order to not be a victim. I agree with the original poster's restraint in retreating and calling the cops. You might be unafraid, however, I have been robbed once (downtown New Orleans - pre-Katrina) in broad daylight with a cop 100+ feet away who just looked the other way. I refuse to ever be a victim again.

About two weeks ago, I was outside my work (I work in a federal building, as I am in the Coast Guard) taking a phone call in my car when someone approached my drivers side door (it was approximately 1830). The area around the federal building is a known drug and crime area (for some reason, this is common among many Coast Guard buildings/bases). His face was approximately 3 inches from my window, peering in, asking for money "for food." I had not reholstered my firearm (I have to keep it locked in my vehicle when I go into the office - it is a federal building after all - which leaves me exposed for the 100ft walk to and from my car) since getting into my vehicle. Either he saw my pistol, saw the look on my face and raised his hands and backed away saying "sorry dude." Reading the next days paper, there had been a robbery on the same street about an hour later.

Again, I believe you are mistaken for our reasons for carrying. You might be willing to submit to an armed robber or watch as someone assaults a friend or close family member, but my wife and I (both CCP holders), refuse to be a victim for each other's sake, and the sake of our child. As many people in other posts have said they carry to not be a victim. In situations like that, it is not that we do not want to "not look as scared as we feel," we do not want to end up having to be buried by our friends and relatives when there was a logical alternative. I was nearly pissing bricks at the incident that happend two weeks ago - I dont care that I was afraid, all I care about is coming home to my family - having my weapon gives me one more tool to end a dangerous situation (I say end, because my goal is not to shoot to kill - my goal is to end a confrontation if it reaches the necessity of drawing my weapon).

Feel free to go unarmed and unafraid. Us that carry will give criminals and drug addics (NO excuse for ever doing drugs) pause in those states that allow conceald carry. They wont know if they will be trying to rob someone "unarmed and unafraid" or someone "prepared." Fortunately for people who are "unarmed and unafraid," there are people like us (see gunfacts.info).

v/r
    Rachkir
    - NH (Resident), FL (NR), ME (NR), PA (NR), CT (NR), AZ (NR) PERMIT HOLDER
    (I travel to those states frequently for various reasons)
    http://gunfacts.info/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast