What handgun is the best?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What handgun is the best?

1. What handgun is the best?

I currently own a Glock 26. It's small enough to holster either IWB, hip and ankle. Glock is the only brand I really know about. What are other handguns that have worked great for you when CC? Price should be comparable to Glocks $475-600. I thought about getting a Glock 19, but really why? It's pretty close to the 26. So something with a longer barrel and bigger than a 9mm. Not some odd size ammo, but something that isn't always on backorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Socket View Post
    ... price should be comparable to Glocks $475-600... something with a longer barrel and bigger than a 9mm.
    My CCW is an H&K USP 40. It's been in service for 10+ years, and I've never had any issues. Not sure about the price for a new one, but I've seen a used one in a local Fort Worth gun shop for $600. Either way, H&K makes a great, highly reliable firearm. And, the 40S&W caliber has an excellent and proven track record.
    Blessed be my God, my mountain, who trains me to fight fair and well! Psalm 144 (msg)
    ...follow me at twitter.com/matthewaynelson

Ther are many fine autos and revolers out there on the market. You will get all kinds of answers. It all comes down to you and what feels good handles well. Does the job you are looking for it to do. Try various different models and calibers if you can visit different gun dealers take in all the info and digest. Then make Your decision based on what you have learned. What works for myself or others might not be best for you. I prefer a larger caliber. Just my .2 cents
    My CCW Glock 27 .40 around the home Colt 1911 .45 and S&W model 686 .357 proficient with all.

Partial to the .45 myself. Carry is usually an XD, but also have Taurus 1911. Have other caliber handguns (.357. 9mm, .380, .38 spl) but find the .45 to be the caliber of choice. Just me.

My HKP2000 SK LEM in 9mm. But really that question is like asking everyone which car is the best. You may get as many different answers as there are crooks in Washington.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    My HKP200 SK LEM in 9mm. But really that question is like asking everyone which car is the best. You may get as many different answers as there are crooks in Washington.
    I can't count that high, HK.

8. There's two categories- The best for the money, and the best.

Glocks are the best for the money....But H&K's are the best.

There's a reason that the United States Special Operation Command (SOCOM) chose the H&K over any other brand including SIGs and Glocks.

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    ... which car is the best?
    I love my wife's Chevy Tahoe and have always liked Chevy (at least I was sort of partial to Chevy before the Government took over... still waiting to see what ill effects may result from that deal). BUT, I also like my Jeep Wrangler Sahara too! AND then there is the Harley-Davidson Fatboy...

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthedemo View Post
    ... there's a reason that SOCOM chose the H&K over any other brand.
    Ocean, desert, hot or cold... no matter the conditions, H&K has worked for me without fail every time! And, it has been my favorite brand weapon for 20 years!
    Blessed be my God, my mountain, who trains me to fight fair and well! Psalm 144 (msg)
    ...follow me at twitter.com/matthewaynelson

People sometimes ask Which martial art is the best martial art in the world?

The answer is The one you study.
    Ken Grubb
    Puyallup, WA

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaynelson View Post
    I love my wife's Chevy Tahoe and have always liked Chevy (at least I was sort of partial to Chevy before the Government took over... still waiting to see what ill effects may result from that deal). BUT, I also like my Jeep Wrangler Sahara too! AND then there is the Harley-Davidson Fatboy...

Ocean, desert, hot or cold... no matter the conditions, H&K has worked for me without fail every time! And, it has been my favorite brand weapon for 20 years!

The Harley sounds nice. I am afraid though the way things are looking when the bureaucrats get through with us I might be blessed to have a bicycle.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast