Question from a disabled weapon carrier. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question from a disabled weapon carrier.

18 USC 926C(c)(6)

is not under the influence of alcohol or another intoxicating or hallucinatory drug or substance;

Even under Federal Law, there's still vagueness that could be construed to allow in the state restriction in 16-11-134.
    Ken Grubb
    Puyallup, WA

3. Yeah, I knew about the exceptions from that law. I left just prior to that law being passed and I have not taken the time to go and qualify again, or sign up for my retirement badge and ID. I had wondered if anyone had ever been in a situation where they were carrying and had a situation where they were taking narcotic painkillers, but were not adversely affected.

Most officers probably would not harass me, or others that are disabled and take these types of medications to function normally, as long as an appropriate doctor prescribed them(not a script seller). The problem is that there are some officers that prefer to enforce the absolute black and white of the law, and not enforce the spirit of the law(which is how I normally enforced the law, unless I was working on writing up charges on someone I arrested).

I certainly will not be advertising that I take narcotics, but it might be discovered if something were to happen that required me to pull my firearm and use it. It could also be discovered if an officer were to stop me, see my gun, and search me before he or she checks my information with their dispatcher.

alcohol or another intoxicating or hallucinatory drug or substance

It depends what the drug is and what effects are listed and determined for you.
    With a normal dose of pain killers most people do not have hallucinations or have their thought processes altered.
    Usually, the effect is that reaction times might be slowed.. whether that is intoxication is for a lawyer and a doctor to say.
    The people think the Second Amendment protects their rights;
    Government sees an obstacle to be over-come.
    NRA Life since 1966

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12