The Micro Guns - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Micro Guns

ive never fired one, but Magnum Research has a Micro Eagle out that i seen in stores. it looks pretty good. its a .380 as well. its around 500 bucks. here are a few specs.

Caliber .380 Auto (9 mm Browning)
    Length 4.52" / 116 mm
    Length of the Barrel 2.22" / 57 mm
    Height 3.71" / 95 mm
    Width 0.90" / 23 mm
    Finish Nickel Teflon
    Weight Empty 14 oz / 400 grams
    Magazine Capacity 6-Rounds
    Trigger Mechanism DAO
    Safety DAO
    Sights Fixed/Non-Adjustable

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    ive never fired one, but Magnum Research has a Micro Eagle out that i seen in stores. it looks pretty good. its a .380 as well. its around 500 bucks. here are a few specs.

Caliber .380 Auto (9 mm Browning)
    Length 4.52" / 116 mm
    Length of the Barrel 2.22" / 57 mm
    Height 3.71" / 95 mm
    Width 0.90" / 23 mm
    Finish Nickel Teflon
    Weight Empty 14 oz / 400 grams
    Magazine Capacity 6-Rounds
    Trigger Mechanism DAO
    Safety DAO
    Sights Fixed/Non-Adjustable
    ???? Does this Micro thang fit into the Handle of a Desert Eagle 50???
    Semper Fi

ha ha. its pretty dang small! although ive never tried stuffin it in my magazine well

Micro Eagle Pistol: Magnum Research

My personal choice in had guns is DBL Action or DBL only. Check out this one. Absolutely micro.

Micro Eagle Pistol: Magnum Research
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Sorry ricbak. Don't know if we were positing about the same time or I just wasn't paying close enough attention. Looks like we were thinking on the same wave link.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

That's funny, HK, TD, I was looking at the 2010 Cat for MR/DE awhile back. I saw that little thang and thought you could almost fit it under a grip over the mag well. Then go to the other extreme and a 10 inch barrelllllll---------- 50 cal... That would be a handfull.

Sorry about the highjack
    Semper Fi

Dude, ricbak I may have to put this on top of my list if I decide to get another micro. I have a Beretta Tomcat but this in 380 would be a step up from the 32. Only thing it is a little steep for a mouse gun but then again you get what you pay for.

very true hk. its kinda like buying tools. you can get cheaper tools but if im going to trust it to my life then i would def. not cheap out. not to say the others are cheap by any means. ive seen a guy fire that little guy at the range a few weeks ago. it was very small, but yet accurate. he was getting headshots in his target at 15-20 yards. not bad at all for a 2 inch barrel. he carries it in his boot. i like the oppurtunities that come with a very small compact weapons such as that one. and for 500 bucks, it should last a lifetime. i could see a 10 inch barrel being a handfull. thatd be modern day dirty harry style.

i carry a DE .50. i get a lot of weird looks but its a damn nice pistol. some say its overkill, but it suits me to a t. its a little on the heavy side but one can easily get used to it. i just have trouble getting in and out of my car with it cuz i wear it on my hip. i need to get the shoulder holster for it. im just too cheap at the moment.
    "You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."

10. Quote Originally Posted by Glockster20 View Post
    2bear... Thanks for bringing up the Kahr P380! That is one he nor myself had considered. I am wondering if he will want to spend the $$$. I will certainly make him aware of it.

I think he has his mind pretty much set on the Taurus. However, I thought I would queury the group and see if anybody has one or has fired one. I have heard good things about the Ruger LCP... once the recall issue was fixed anyway.

RPB... Thank you for bringing up the Makarov... Another one I hadn't thought of...lol. You are right about the ammo being cheaper. I will bring that to his attention and let him weigh the options.
    The LCP is a great gun but there is a way to make it even better. Spend $18.00 and get a Wolf spring kit. It takes the LCP from a 9 pound slide spring to an 11, 12 or 13. I use the #13. This entirely stops any misfeeds and takes a good 1/3 of the recoil away. It changes from a good .380 that is OK for experianced shooters to a well behaved weapon sutible for just about every one. It is unreal how it changes the LCP. this past weekend I shot it with the new springs for the first time and put 250 rounds through it with no sore wrist ot hand. Not a single hickup and it should help reduce wear on the polymer.

As stated in the other posts, guns are something that must be compatable with the owner. I have handled guns that others love and I couldn't wait to give it back and vice versa. The person wanting the weapon needs to test each one and decide for his/her self. Whatever rings your bell is the right one and you will generaly know it when you pick it up:)

Good luck and keep us all informed of your decision and why. We are a nosey bunch!

Quote Originally Posted by thebrez1 View Post
    The LCP is a great gun but there is a way to make it even better. Spend $18.00 and get a Wolf spring kit. It takes the LCP from a 9 pound slide spring to an 11, 12 or 13. I use the #13. This entirely stops any misfeeds and takes a good 1/3 of the recoil away. It changes from a good .380 that is OK for experianced shooters to a well behaved weapon sutible for just about every one. It is unreal how it changes the LCP. this past weekend I shot it with the new springs for the first time and put 250 rounds through it with no sore wrist ot hand. Not a single hickup and it should help reduce wear on the polymer.

As stated in the other posts, guns are something that must be compatable with the owner. I have handled guns that others love and I couldn't wait to give it back and vice versa. The person wanting the weapon needs to test each one and decide for his/her self. Whatever rings your bell is the right one and you will generaly know it when you pick it up:)

Good luck and keep us all informed of your decision and why. We are a nosey bunch!
    Thanks thebrez1! Seems like a great suggestion. I just wonder why, if it makes the gun so much better they don't make it with a heavier spring like that in the first place. I am going to try out your advice.
    BTW Just got the wife a Ruger LCR. It's very nice. Going to get the Crimsom grip for it. Just a bit larger then the LCP but taked .38spcl in vanilla or +P and +P+. Think just the plain 38 spcl will do just fine.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast