The Micro Guns - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Micro Guns

1. I like the LCR too. Carry both the LCR and LCP but do try the spring change. Even my 12 year old loves to shoot it now. How can you go wrong with $18.00! Dont let your wife shoot it or you will loose it

He has decided to go with the Taurus TCP... Reasons; slide locks back after last shot, affordability, and feel. It comes in three flavors; blued, stainless and titanium. He is opting for the stainless model which runs about $300.

Taurus International Manufacturing Inc

Tcp

Just finished the new edition of American Rifleman and they reviewed 9 of the "new" 380 pistols. The TCP had fewer malfunctions than any reviewed except the Rohrbaugh $$$.

"the TCP stuttered only twice in the course of a hundred rounds or so"

5. Quote Originally Posted by Jes View Post
    Just finished the new edition of American Rifleman and they reviewed 9 of the "new" 380 pistols. The TCP had fewer malfunctions than any reviewed except the Rohrbaugh $$$.

"the TCP stuttered only twice in the course of a hundred rounds or so"

Yup, TCP won that contest.
    I wish he could have gotten ahold of a Diamondback DB380 to include in his tests/comparisons though and compared all ten .380s

6. I was just reading the article on the Makarov in Blue Press. I'd agree the 9x18 is a bit more cartridge, and I understand Cor Bon makes ammo for it now. Past experience is that a friend's Makarov with soft Pearce grips, is much more comfortable to shoot than my German made Pre-68 PPK .380 pistol.

I, too, like my PPK. But light is light.

I'm wondering: Suppose there was a fairly big lady (42G bra size) who had a habit of tucking little things like cell phone, folding knife, SureFire light, etc. into her bra. Would she be able to tuck a P3AT or LCP in there?

Super light and super tiny is great for super deep concealment of a backup gun. I'm not nearly so obsessed with extreme light weight in a primary piece. (BTW, the lady I mentioned carries the 4" Model 66 that used to be her duty weapon in a gun purse and she's happy with that.)
    “The police of a State should never be stronger or better armed than the citizenry. An armed citizenry, willing to fight is the foundation of civil freedom.” Heinlein

7. Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton Felix View Post
    I was just reading the article on the Makarov in Blue Press. I'd agree the 9x18 is a bit more cartridge, and I understand Cor Bon makes ammo for it now. Past experience is that a friend's Makarov with soft Pearce grips, is much more comfortable to shoot than my German made Pre-68 PPK .380 pistol.

I, too, like my PPK. But light is light.

I'm wondering: Suppose there was a fairly big lady (42G bra size) who had a habit of tucking little things like cell phone, folding knife, SureFire light, etc. into her bra. Would she be able to tuck a P3AT or LCP in there?

Super light and super tiny is great for super deep concealment of a backup gun. I'm not nearly so obsessed with extreme light weight in a primary piece. (BTW, the lady I mentioned carries the 4" Model 66 that used to be her duty weapon in a gun purse and she's happy with that.)
    Probably could ... but
    Google "Bra Holster" for photos and info of bra holsters that might be more comfortable though.

8. How ambidextrous are these Micro's? I'm a lefty. The Ruger looks about as amby as I need, but I can't get Taurus website to load so I can't see it. The Sig doesn't look like it would work for me from the online pics I've seen of it.

Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    IF he has the $$$, I'd also have him check out the Sig P238.. It is a copy of the old Colt Mustang..

It is a little bigger than the P-3AT, which actually makes it fit the hand better, but will still fit in a pocket fine.
    It is costlier, but well made and based mostly somewhat on the 1911 design.. It has a slide lock, real sights on it, a half cock, safety lever - no polymer..
    My wife has one, and she loves it..

My only issue with the Sig is the size. I was looking at one in a local gun shop and the clerk said "let me show you something." He then laid a Kahr PM9 on top of the Sig. The Kahr was no bigger except the slide was a little longer behind the grip (striker area). So, basically in the same package you can get a 9mm instead of a .380.

That said you can certainly do a lot worse - a lot of people like the Bersa .380s and they are huge for a .380. I don't know if anyone makes a 9mm this size besides Kahr and Rohrbaugh (which cost a small fortune).

Personally I like the LCP but have two friends who really like the Kel-Tec. The Taurus may be a fine weapon but to me it is still too new.

Quote Originally Posted by RPB View Post
    Yup, TCP won that contest.
    I wish he could have gotten ahold of a Diamondback DB380 to include in his tests/comparisons though and compared all ten .380s
    Interesting that you brought up the Diamondback DB380!! That is what he finally went with. The salesman talked him into it... It is made in America... looks, operates and strips just like a Glock only the slide doesn't lock back. He had a police agency come in and buy a bunch of them for BUG's for their officers... I have been hearing really good things about these guns!!! I am very intrigued... Can't wait for himt to take it to the range. He bought one for my daughter too.. They got consecutive serial numbers...lol. Take a look at the pics;

http://www.diamondbackfirearms.com/

11. I have a Diamondback 380 I bought a couple of months ago, and I love it.
    Great gun, super light & slim, usable sights...
    -Kevin

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast