The Micro Guns - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The Micro Guns

Quote Originally Posted by kevin mosley View Post
    I have a Diamondback 380 I bought a couple of months ago, and I love it.
    Great gun, super light & slim, usable sights...
    Have you had any luck finding a holster for it?? It is relatively new gun and there doesn't seem to be any holsters out there yet. Glock lovers are going to jump all over this gun if it proves reliable. There is allegedly a video of a guy putting 300 rounds through it and intentionally "limp wristing" to try and make it jam... It never jammed... going to look for the video on youtube.

My wife has one carrys in a ankle rig, we both have put many rds thru the little gun to us no compairison to the kel tech or ruger which are both capable weapons but the felt recoil of the Taurus is noticably less, at this point we prob got 500+ rds thru it with absolutly no gun caused problems, just some **** ammo that did not go bang, primer's were dented but no bang, in fact I may get another for myself

I've wanted a DB380 every since they came out. I've looked around but no one in my area has any. Even at the gun show a couple weeks back nobody had one.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

5. I wear my DB380 in a Bianchi suede Model 6 IWB, fits perfectly, I'm not sure if it's size 07 or 08 or what because I don;t recall holster sizing, but I used to carry my AMT .380 Backup in it. Probably fits lots of other holsters, but I already had this one and so that's what I wear it in. http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/...p?TxtModelID=6

Other people use
    #3 or #4 sized
    http://www.rkbaholsters.com/Products.htm
    Uncle Mike's #3 Pocket
    found that a Blackhawk Pocket Holster #3 could work too for the DB380.

Two more sugestions,
    Although not a .380, why not a Glock 27? Ankle holsters are available for it, it's the same caliber as the primary gun, and it's a Glock.

North American Arms Guardian .380- have heard alot of good things about them.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Two more sugestions,
    Although not a .380, why not a Glock 27? Ankle holsters are available for it, it's the same caliber as the primary gun, and it's a Glock.

North American Arms Guardian .380- have heard alot of good things about them.
    Thanks.. I myself carry the Glock 27 and Monday thru Friday it is carried in an ankle rig I am allowed to wear jeans on Friday at the office so I switch to an IWB or belly band holster. My son in law wanted something really small that would fit comfortably in his pocket on an IWB when he is working as a plumber. He loves Glock pistols but the G26 and 27 are still just a little too chunky for his particular need. He does carry a Glock 23 in a kholster when he is not working. Personally I don't think you would want to get anything smaller than a Glock 27 for the .40 S&W cartridge... Could you imagine firing a .40 out of a gun the size of a Ruger LCP or Keltec?? It would be like firing a .357 magnum out of a snubby airweight revolver.... Ouch!!

8. I most often pocket carry my Diamondback 380, always in a pocket holster, usually one that I made out of an old eyeglass protective sleeve. I have also carried it in a cheapo Uncle Mike's #4, & a leather Old west pocket holster from Sportsman's Guide. I add a paper clamp to the SG holster with the DB380 to keep it from seating too deep. Sometimes when I run, I carry it in a belly band / "gun girdle". I haven't IWB'd this gun.

I'm a real baby about carrying big/heavy guns. My "big" carry gun is a Glock 27 (1.18" thick, 27 oz. loaded). "Medium" is a Kahr PM40 (.94" thick, 21 oz. loaded); "small" is the DB380 (.75" thick, 12.5 oz. loaded).
    -Kevin

Here is a new one that Jeff Quinn @ Gun Blast just did a review on .....

Diamondback Site

I'm waiting for the new S&W Bodyguard .380. I gotta check it out before I buy anything. If I don't go with the S&W I'll robably get a Kahr.

11. I have a Glock 23 in .40 cal. I wanted something smaller for concealed carry, and had heard good things about the Kahr. I was thinking either the PM 9 (9mm) or PM 40 (.40 cal.), the choice between the two to be based on recoil. I decided not to get a .380 because I wanted something with a little more stopping power. I tried the PM 40 at a gun shop range and didn't find the recoil to be that big a deal, so I never tried the PM 9, although one of the guys at the range did say the recoil of the PM 40 was noticeably sharper than the PM 9. I ended up getting the PM 40 so I can use the same ammo in the Kahr as the Glock. I have shot 100 rounds through the Kahr at a time on the range and didn't have any issues with recoil. I have a Crossbreed Mini Tuck (IWB) for the Kahr, which I like. I might lean toward the Crossbreed Micro Clip if I was buying the holster again.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast