1 permit for all states? - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 1 permit for all states?

Ohio has 28 at last count.

I must say that I thought I had a totally different oppinion then maybejim but I was reading another post and you said that if they are worried about a fellons threat to others then why do they let them out. I agree with that.

I do have a friend that was locked up for a whilefor being an accessory to a crime. He has been out for almost 10 years and is now only 31 years old. He can't hunt with a gun and can't teach his son the right and wrong ways to handle them. Young and stupid shouldn't stick with you for your whole life should it?

Quote Originally Posted by Longhairwitha357 View Post
    I must say that I thought I had a totally different oppinion then maybejim but I was reading another post and you said that if they are worried about a fellons threat to others then why do they let them out. I agree with that.

I do have a friend that was locked up for a whilefor being an accessory to a crime. He has been out for almost 10 years and is now only 31 years old. He can't hunt with a gun and can't teach his son the right and wrong ways to handle them. Young and stupid shouldn't stick with you for your whole life should it?
    No it should not and the Constitution makes no distinction about who has the right and who doesn't. In fact, it says "persons", which in all other cases has been found by the Supreme Court to apply to non-citizens. If you don't want felons to have guns give them longer prison sentences or the death penalty. Once they're out respect their rights. 3 strikes? Give me a break! How many crimes does a criminal actually commit before they are caught once and convicted - let alone 3 times. Violent felonies should be a special class that get extra time without parole - the first time.

Can only agree.

Quote Originally Posted by AvidshooterTX View Post
    No it should not and the Constitution makes no distinction about who has the right and who doesn't. In fact, it says "persons", which in all other cases has been found by the Supreme Court to apply to non-citizens. If you don't want felons to have guns give them longer prison sentences or the death penalty. Once they're out respect their rights. 3 strikes? Give me a break! How many crimes does a criminal actually commit before they are caught once and convicted - let alone 3 times. Violent felonies should be a special class that get extra time without parole - the first time.
    Hear! Hear!
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

Quote Originally Posted by hollie1 View Post
    ...So who is it we need to write or e-mail!
    Your Senators, your Representatives, your Governor, your Mayor, anyone who could have an influence on open carry, concealed carry, carry at will, for reciprocity, whether or not they voted Yeah or Nay. They need to know how we the people think on the subject! Tell them you want national reciprocity if that's what you believe in. Tell them that not allowing reciprocity is a violation of your 2A rights if that's what you want to say. Tell them to never cease issuing CCWs for that state, if they do so now. Tell them they the state needs to become a "shall issue" state if it is not one now. Etc, etc, etc...

Welcome to usacarry, BTW!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Longhairwitha357 View Post

You know, it just does not cut it with me. A felon is a felon. Do the crime and do the time.

I have a very good friend whose daughter was raped and murdered some years ago and he and his wife lost their lives on that day as well. They have lost all enjoyment of life totally. So, with all due respect, I have little or no sympathy for felons and it just breaks me up that he cannot teach his son the right and wrong way to handle them (sic).

If we had national concealed carry perhaps we could cull the gene pool and not have to deal with this type of trash.

If it were up to me they would not be able to have offspring. Young and foolish? Sorry again. If the judge sees fit to send you away then that's good enough for me. NO FIREARMS. EVER.

I can tell you this much. If he were to have broken into my home at the time he would not be having the opportunity to carry on as if nothing had happened. The gene pool would have been culled on that day.

Quote Originally Posted by torontogunguy View Post
    You know, it just does not cut it with me. A felon is a felon. Do the crime and do the time.

I have a very good friend whose daughter was raped and murdered some years ago and he and his wife lost their lives on that day as well. They have lost all enjoyment of life totally. So, with all due respect, I have little or no sympathy for felons and it just breaks me up that he cannot teach his son the right and wrong way to handle them (sic).

If we had national concealed carry perhaps we could cull the gene pool and not have to deal with this type of trash.

If it were up to me they would not be able to have offspring. Young and foolish? Sorry again. If the judge sees fit to send you away then that's good enough for me. NO FIREARMS. EVER.

I can tell you this much. If he were to have broken into my home at the time he would not be having the opportunity to carry on as if nothing had happened. The gene pool would have been culled on that day.
    Of course then you're giving the states and the Feds the ability to make more "crimes" felonies and there go your gun "rights". Normally I wouldn't worry about that but with the way things have been going I could see a Liberal government making more and more normal things felonies and suddenly a lot of good people are disarmed. I also think that if these guys are still a danger why are they getting parole? Almost nobody does their full sentence any more. Keep them locked up. Make sentences longer and make mandatory sentences for violent crime - and don't plea-bargain the charges away. One of these guys killed my wife's grandmother within days of getting out on parole - with a knife - so regulating the object does no good.
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

9. Quote Originally Posted by AvidshooterTX View Post
    Of course then you're giving the states and the Feds the ability to make more "crimes" felonies and there go your gun "rights". Normally I wouldn't worry about that but with the way things have been going I could see a Liberal government making more and more normal things felonies and suddenly a lot of good people are disarmed. I also think that if these guys are still a danger why are they getting parole? Almost nobody does their full sentence any more. Keep them locked up. Make sentences longer and make mandatory sentences for violent crime - and don't plea-bargain the charges away. One of these guys killed my wife's grandmother within days of getting out on parole - with a knife - so regulating the object does no good.
    You have my total empathy and agreement. I'm sorry I cannot continue to discuss this thread as my blood pressure is skyrocketing. At once I feel for the fellow who 'paid his debt to society' but at the same time I realize that we are becoming lax in our carrying out of sentences for crimes of violence and other felonies. I believe, in my heart, that committing a felony should remove certain rights from members of society even if they have paid their debt. One of those things in my heart is the ownership or handling of firearms... for life. The other thing is the right to vote... for life.

This piece of trash that I am talking about was adjudged unfit to stand trial, sent to a mental hospital and is now out and about. Or you can take the Carla Homolka murder case up here in Canada... Homolka was convicted of murdering several teens including her own sister, cut a plea bargain, and is a free woman today. It turns my stomache, truly. I am going to have to kill this thread now and apologize for not carrying on with it. It just hits too close to home.

10. The real kicker is while in prison they live better than allot of us. 3 squares a day, TV, WiFi, and saying we are violating there rites. Make them work to support themselves. A chain gang would not be a bad idea!! That sheriff out west has the rite idea putting them in tents, and his crime rate dropped. Make them work off every day of there sentence. Sorry to get off topic as this was about 1 permit for all states.

Quote Originally Posted by hightechredneck View Post
    The real kicker is while in prison they live better than allot of us. 3 squares a day, TV, WiFi, and saying we are violating there rites. Make them work to support themselves. A chain gang would not be a bad idea!! That sheriff out west has the rite idea putting them in tents, and his crime rate dropped. Make them work off every day of there sentence. Sorry to get off topic as this was about 1 permit for all states.
    That would be Sherriff Joe Arpaio, maracopa county AZ or maybe TX, .......one thing I wil say if I was traveling west I would find out EXACTLY where it was and probably go 4 or 5 hundred miles out of the way not to go thru there

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast