Colt or Glock? - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt or Glock?

glockfan, let me know if you shoot someone. If you don't have another pistol to carry, while your first shooting is being sorted out by the authorities, let me know, and I will ship one to your local FFL. I wouldn't feel right, you missing out on the opportunity to shoot someone else. May I ask if you own more then one defensive handgun?

3. I love my 1911a1 Springield and I have since 1995. I must admit that I cheat on the 1911 and carry a Glock 19 everywhere.

Ultra reliable, light, and high cap. I barely notice that I am carrying it.

GLOCK

I'm partial to those in 40S&W caliber. But be warned once you buy one, you start wanting more than that one.

5. The Glock is not pretty but they work.All these 1911 guys are going the Glock route now.

I don't want any cop so much as touching any of my firearms. They seem to have a way of keeping them and I don't mean in the PD's lock-up case.
    "When a government robs Peter to pay Paul it will alway's have the support of Paul" George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Ropadope View Post
    I don't want any cop so much as touching any of my firearms. They seem to have a way of keeping them and I don't mean in the PD's lock-up case.
    Rope, why would a peace officer want to touch your firearm?

I also carry a Colt Defender, and have noticed that no-one has mentioned that there is an IMPORTANT PRODUCT RECALL NOTICE on them and other guns right now, see http://www.coltsmfg.com/upload/pdfs/MasterRecallNotice.pdf
    That being said, I have nothing against the Colt Defender and still carry it when the occasion requires (as it is about the slimmest "high-power" CC you will find). Other than that (because I wanted more than 8 rounds - 7 in the clip and 1 in the chamber), I started carrying a Taurus MILLENNIUM PT145 PRO in 45 ACP. If you load 1 in the chamber, it gives you 11 rounds. Now, I have not weighed it on a scale (loaded), but I swear it feels lighter than my Taurus MILLENNNIUM PRO in 40 S & W.

HUNTERLEE

Make sure to check out the Recall Web-Site.

9. We went to the range last night and fired that Glock. I must say, it's a nice shooting firearm, and I think when bonus time comes around next month, it's going to the gun shop for a 30SF.
    To top it off, the cost was only $36, $12 for the second person, and $22 for the box of .45s. Since it was Ladies night, the lane fee and rental fee were waived, so all in all a nice night, even with the 50 mile round trip.

So it seems there is a Glock 30 in my future.

Thanks for all the suggestions,
    John

bronco,
    How much is that 30SF going to cost you? Just curious.

11. The lowest price I've been quoted so far is $569 plus tax, add a couple of extra mags and it will probably be in the neighborhood of $650 by the time I get out of the store. I'll call a few other places and see what they're asking. The shop that we went to last night to shoot told me between $600 & 700, but they didn't have any in stock so he was guessing.
    Then there is holster shopping to do after that, the fun never stops....

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast