Colt or Glock? - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt or Glock?

I just picked up a Glock 23 for $525. It is a used gun, but the nice thing is that it had never been shot by the old owner. It came with 4 magazines and a Galco concealed holster. with all it came with it would have cost me about $700+ if i bought it all separate.

If you join Glock Shooting Sport Foundation yo will get a certificate for a discounted Glock. It only cost $35 to join GSSF Glock Sport Shooting Foundation. It is worth joining to get the discount. It takes a while to get the gun but for the price I have no problem waiting

3. Watch this!!!!!

Important information here on why the 1911 is far superior to Glock!!!

1911 vs. Glock
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

4. WOW that is high. We can get a Glock here for 489.99 brand new plus tax and 10.00. That would be around 550.00 out the door. And all Glocks except the new gen 4's are the same price my Gen 4 G17 was 534.99 plus tax and 10.00.

Obviously, the title of this "Thread" is a Misnomer, as all attempts by anyone saying anything about Colt are being ignored. I have never owned a Glock and at this time I have no desire TO own one. Maybe sometime in some future date I might be compelled to buy one, but, just like any and all other hand guns, it is, after all, just a gun.The person behind it is what makes it what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterLee View Post
    Obviously, the title of this "Thread" is a Misnomer, as all attempts by anyone saying anything about Colt are being ignored. I have never owned a Glock and at this time I have no desire TO own one. Maybe sometime in some future date I might be compelled to buy one, but, just like any and all other hand guns, it is, after all, just a gun.The person behind it is what makes it what it is.
    The thread was hi-jacked? On usa carry? Say it isn't so. BTW, I like H&K USP.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterLee View Post
    I own both Colt Series 70 in 45 ACP and Glock M21 in 45 ACP. I like both. I carry both depending on my mood and the circumstances. The Glock with 14, 230 gr rounds weighs less than the empty Colt so for all day long carry without load bearing harness I admit I prefer the Glock.

Try the Taurus PT145, it carries the same amount of rds. as the Glock and costs less. I'd put it's quality up against that of the Glock or Colt anyday, it is a solid weapon. Also, after nearly 1500 rds. I haven't one malfunction yet!

The best semi-autos for carrying are made by, Glock, H&K, Walther, Magnum Research, Larry Seacamp and North American Arms.

I'm a little bit skeptical about CZ, Sig, and EAA.

You won't find me carrying anything made by, Jennings, Colt, Ravin Arms, S&W, Intertec, Para-Ordinance, Phoenix Arms, Wilson Combat, Davis Industries, Ruger, Bryco Arms, Taurus, or Lorcin Arms

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hamberger View Post
    Try the Taurus PT145, it carries the same amount of rds. as the Glock and costs less. I'd put it's quality up against that of the Glock or Colt anyday, it is a solid weapon. Also, after nearly 1500 rds. I haven't one malfunction yet!
    Good idea but I already have the Glock. I wanted something smaller and all around lighter. I chose a Kahr P45. Fewer rounds but shoots straight and is very unlikely to pull my pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    The best semi-autos for carrying are made by, Glock, H&K, Walther, Magnum Research, Larry Seacamp and North American Arms.
    I am curious as to which pistol you favor in concealed carry from Magnum Research over Colt, Ruger, Taurus, and Wilson Combat.
    I have carried Colt (for its slim build and lowprofile) for years, as I have also carried Taurus PT Pro 140 & 145. But I have never considered using any of my Magnum Research pistols for Concealed Carry. Unless you are carrying their new 380, all of their pistols are to heavy for me to consider carrying, from the Jerricho, the Baby eagle (40) (45), Desert Eagle (50AE), and a BFR (45-70).

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast