Wisconsin Carry - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wisconsin Carry

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    And..conceal/carry is not allowed, right? (I just want to cover all bases here...if we cannot carry, then this will be the first time in years we will not be going...it is sad, but it has to be.) Just like stores that do not allow cc, we chose to decide with our wallets...Sorry, Wisconsinians...you will not need us airplane people...
    Let me get this straight. You would give up the best fly in, and air show in the world because you shouldn't open carry on an airfield?

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    Let me get this straight. You would give up the best fly in, and air show in the world because you shouldn't open carry on an airfield?
    What can I say? -- YES!! Last year...the exhibition did not have much in the way of "exhibition" anyway...people are hurting nowadays, not to say companies. Some are really getting desperate because of what is happening to us here in the US. And there will always be some stupids over there somehow. In toto, I refuse for me and family to be a victim. Bad events do not make an appointment.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

You may rent or buy a motorcycle to go to the fly-in; it's rather ironic that a state that is the producer of the most popular american made motorcycle allows open carry in a vehicle, even explucing a person aircraft, O N L Y if transported by an open vehicle, ie. motorcycle. Could it be that the lobyists who work within WI and the states that border WI and are also open carry only states (at the most--check CCW state maps) provide for legal open carry for open vehicles only because they respond only to the Harley-Davidson market and not to all citizens.
    Warshard

Does open carry in Wisconsin apply to non residents too?

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra View Post
    Does open carry in Wisconsin apply to non residents too?
    I AM a non-resident that was why I asked. And NO we are not going this year because we go there via our small plane or my SUV. What washard is trying to say is that we go outside of the venue and buy and/or rent a motorcycle to go over to to Oshkosh. And why should we do that??? How do we go to Wisconsin, buy a motorcycle when I have a very good SUV with all the quirks that I want in it. Just so we can go to Oshkosh...??? They do not need our money over there...we'll spend it somewhere else. If we cannot protect ourselves, just in case, why insists on going there??? No point. The Wisconsinians can have Oshkosh for all we care...and guess what, we are going to tell our friends not to go there too. Maybe when they change their laws we will again.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Does anyone remember the shooting of five deer hunters in Wisconsin a few years back? The resident alien shooter claimed he was insulted, and called racist names. He took off his orange outer garment, and ambushed the unarmed hunters one by one as they walked out of their hunting cabin. He used a SKS rifle. He is now the guest of Wisconsin tax payers for the rest of his life. No death penalty in Wisconsin.

Because of this tragedy. When I am in the woods, or deer camp. I carry a concealed pistol. While in deer camp, my rifle is usually unloaded and put away.

Although, next door, I usually avoid Wisconsin.

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    Does anyone remember the shooting of five deer hunters in Wisconsin a few years back? The resident alien shooter claimed he was insulted, and called racist names. He took off his orange outer garment, and ambushed the unarmed hunters one by one as they walked out of their hunting cabin. He used a SKS rifle. He is now the guest of Wisconsin tax payers for the rest of his life. No death penalty in Wisconsin.

Because of this tragedy. When I am in the woods, or deer camp. I carry a concealed pistol. While in deer camp, my rifle is usually unloaded and put away.

Although, next door, I usually avoid Wisconsin.
    Yes Sir I remember that well. Without looking, It was '04. But still, I may change my ammo to ball, fmj for the coyotes, but still carry. Especially during bow season.

But havng to work in Wisconsin,driving thru Chicagoland, It was not worth taking my sidearm there. I maybe in Wi for 3 weeks then a week end home. Just was not worth losing the things for.
    Semper Fi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12