Somewhat complicated CCW Question - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Somewhat complicated CCW Question

NC permit

In NC you have 30 days to notify of a change of address. If that address is out of state they will revoke it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jes View Post
    In NC you have 30 days to notify of a change of address. If that address is out of state they will revoke it.

Is there a statute that says that and I missed it? The 30 days I saw...but not the auto revocation.

Quote Originally Posted by AvidshooterTX View Post
    Why would anyone in their right mind who has a CCW move to New Jersey, Wisconsin, Illinois, etc.? Good God, man!
    First let me say that I lived in the NYC area for 12 years.. Finally moved to Florida more than 10 years ago.. I've been out of work since June. I was offered to apply to a position that is in line with my career, but it was in NJ and I flatly refused to apply... I guess I'd rather be out of work than give up my constitutional rights..
    I am looking in other states, but NJ is NOT one of them..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    Is there a statute that says that and I missed it? The 30 days I saw...but not the auto revocation.
    The Sheriff of your home county gets the change of address and they can revoke your permit since you are no longer a resident of NC. NC does not issue permits to residents of other states.
    http://www.jus.state.nc.us/NCJA/ncfirearmslaws.pdf

The sheriff of the county where the permit was issued or the sheriff of the county where
    the individual resides may revoke a permit, subsequent to a hearing, for any of the following
    reasons:
    1. Fraud, intentional or material misrepresentation in obtaining a permit;
    2. Misuse of a permit, including lending or giving a permit to another person,
    duplicating a permit, or using a permit with the intent to unlawfully cause
    harm to a person or property;
    3. The doing of an act or existence of a condition which would have been grounds
    for the denial of the permit by the sheriff;

4. Violation of any terms governing the carrying of concealed handguns; or
    5. The applicant is adjudicated guilty, or receives a Prayer for Judgment
    Continued for a crime which would have disqualified the applicant from
    initially receiving a permit.
    N.C. Gen. Stat. 14-415.18

The Sheriff of your home county gets the change of address and they can revoke your permit since you are no longer a resident of NC. NC does not issue permits to residents of other states.
    http://www.jus.state.nc.us/NCJA/ncfirearmslaws.pdf

The sheriff of the county where the permit was issued or the sheriff of the county where
    the individual resides may revoke a permit, subsequent to a hearing, for any of the following
    reasons:
    1. Fraud, intentional or material misrepresentation in obtaining a permit;
    2. Misuse of a permit, including lending or giving a permit to another person,
    duplicating a permit, or using a permit with the intent to unlawfully cause
    harm to a person or property;
    3. The doing of an act or existence of a condition which would have been grounds
    for the denial of the permit by the sheriff;

4. Violation of any terms governing the carrying of concealed handguns; or
    5. The applicant is adjudicated guilty, or receives a Prayer for Judgment
    Continued for a crime which would have disqualified the applicant from
    initially receiving a permit.
    N.C. Gen. Stat. 14-415.18

Gotchya...I did miss that section.

reasons:
    Given the discretionary meaning of the word may I would at least call the sheriff's office just to be sure that it will in fact be revoked. None-the-less, sooner or later the OP is going to have to go a different route.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

8. Remember that it is not just guns that are an issue in NJ but also ammo. Hollow points, it seems to me, are bad news. And don't for one second think that ANY concealed carry permit you may have is good in NJ. I hear that the governor applied for a CCP and was refused.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12