Help--CC Suggestions for a Big Guy - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help--CC Suggestions for a Big Guy

Quote Originally Posted by brickler View Post
    I got mine from ActionDirect but they don't appear to have a web presence anymore. But I have seen other manufacturers with similar rigs. Generally they call them comfort holsters.
    I googled action direct and came up with activeprogear.com for the white under-the-shirt option.

I am 6'0" and close to 370 (working on it) and I carry a SW 5924 in Uncle Mikes OWB @ 3 o'clock .. with a long golf shirt or hoodie its fine. With a sport coat or dress coat no printing.. only issue can be the seat belt in my Durango, so I tilt the butt forward just a hair and adjust the belt. I firmly believe everyone is different and whatever works for you is the best solution for you..
    I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

I'm only 5' 6", but about 210, so I figure I'm just a shorter version. I have been looking at the Cell Pal holster, and wondering if anyone had any thoughts about that? If it works as well as they advertise, it could be another reasonable option. JM2CW.

Keith

5. I use a Crossbreed supertuck and really like it. The leather that covers the top of the pistol lets your skin flow over it without pinching and helps keep from patterning. I pack a 1911 in it and with just an oversize shirt no one knows.

I'm a big guy too. I'm just over 6'6" and about 325. My favorite holster in the world is a Milt Sparks Versa-Max IWB holster. It is worn just behind the hip, foward of your back pocket, and has two snap straps that attach to your belt, while the holster is in your waistband. I carry a Colt or Kimber Commander type 1911, or a Glock 30. I also frequently carry a Glock 26 or 27 or a S&W J Frame 38 in a Kramer Pocket Holster in the front pocket. The little 38 snubby doesn't show, but the Baby Glocks stick out a little bit. It's as easy as wearing a colored T-shirt, then wearing a button up type shirt open. This helps to drape over the pocket and cover any buldge that appears when carrying the Glock. I also use an open shirt when wearing the Versa Max holster. One other option I like is the Crossbreed IWB, also worn just behind the right hip. I carry a Commander under an untucked t-shirt, with an open shirt also. This covers any outline if I bend over or the t-shirt is slightly tighter. Works for me.
    There's Something Goin' On Here, and it Ain't Funny!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat61 View Post
    I googled action direct and came up with activeprogear.com for the white under-the-shirt option.
    Cool, that is them. They either changed their name or bought out Action Direct. I have the ones called Deep Cover, that is the T-Shirt one, and the Defender Belly Band.

I carry a Sig P220 most times ( an ultra-light titanium revolver in the warm weather)...found that being a big guy, IWB strong side was the best overall...since we are both in the same general geographical area, PM me if you are interested in more specifics!

well I am not a big guy I am acctually a fairly small guy (more reason to carry) I have a Kholster for my S&W 99 at about the 4-5 position and I will tell you it is COMFORTABLE. it looks big and bulky and I wont lie it is but it holds the weapon really well you can acctually turn it upside down and shake and the weapon stays. I love that it is pretty much fully adjustable and tuckable. I have tucked my shirt around it a few times and all you could only see the two belt hooks. I also have a xd 40 full size I carry at about 330 in a blackhawk serpa(depending on how I feel that day) if I conceal/"buldge carry" it I just lay my shirt or jacket over it and call it good. I have showed my Kholster to friends and family and the initial reaction always is Holy CRAP that thing is huge and I just say yup but comfy. I've been using the Kholster for about 2 months now and the only comlaint is it is kinda akward to put on in the morning but you get use to it.
    "The purpose of war is not to die for your country. The purpose of war is to ensure that the other guy dies for his country." - General Patton

10. I'm telling ya, I have a closet full of holsters! IWB, OTB and every configuration and manufacturer you could think of and nothing comes close to the Kolster. Yep, it is ugly but it disapears once you have it on. Great retention, easy reholstering and you will forget it is there other than the weight of the weapon. When I opened the box I had the same reaction. Holy crap that thing is ugly AND large, but it spreads the weight and was the most comfortable holster I have ever tried right out of the box. You can try it for 90 days and if you don't like it you can send it back for %100 refund. Anything ever goes wrong you just send it back and they fix it or give you a new one and at $49.00 including 2 day delivery it is the best deal, by far, out there.

I carry the XD-40 SC and it is held so tightly agaist my side that I can wear a t-shirt and it does not show. Love Kolsters!

+1 for another happy Crossbreed Supertuck customer. I'm 6'2" 275 - carry XD 45c in the ST at 3:00 - extremely comfortable.

BIG thing tho - get a GOOD gun belt. Makes all the difference in the world - no matter who makes the holster.
    My Website: Nerd with a .45

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast