I dropped my handgun in the stall
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I dropped my handgun in the stall

I was in one of the stores in town, and had to visit the restroom. As I was all finished in the stall pulling myself together, my .357 fell out of my holster. There was someone else in there, so I did grab up my firearm rather quickly. It was in my "In the waistband" holster when it fell, so it was a careless error on my part. I feared the worse, but nothing happened. Lesson learned! Keep tight grip on my holstered weapon in this type of situation. Even though I am licensed to carry, I could have been charged with insighting a riot, disturbing the peace, and maybe other charges. I was lucky this man didn't see the gun. He could have reported it quickly, and then I would have had to answer to the police probably in cuffs.

I was in one of the stores in town, and had to visit the restroom. As I was all finished in the stall pulling myself together, my .357 fell out of my holster. There was someone else in there, so I did grab up my firearm rather quickly. It was in my "In the waistband" holster when it fell, so it was a careless error on my part. I feared the worse, but nothing happened. Lesson learned! Keep tight grip on my holstered weapon in this type of situation. Even though I am licensed to carry, I could have been charged with insighting a riot, disturbing the peace, and maybe other charges. I was lucky this man didn't see the gun. He could have reported it quickly, and then I would have had to answer to the police probably in cuffs.

Maybe stores should install gun racks in the stalls in addition to coat hooks. LOL I don't have my permit yet (applied for) but that's one thing I've thought about ... how to use a public restroom without dropping. Might make sense to wear one of those under-the-shirt setups and temporarily put the gun in that while taking care of business. Just a thought.

Huge thread

rvarney, there was a huge thread about this a while back. Personally, if the pants need to come down i flip the elastic of my drawers over the gun grip to hold it tight. Works like a champ.
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/gener...-restroom.html

restrooms can be hairy

Besides dropping it, you need to be on the lookout for people who look under stalls (mainly kids). I had one kid (I would say about 3 years old) while I was in a large electronics store doing my business in the stall crawl in with me. It scared the crap out of me (literally and figuratively - I was in the end handicapped stall next to the wall, for added concealment). Luckily the dad pulled the little one by his leg and profusely appologized. I dont think the kid saw anything, but it was unnerving.

A website that is geared primarly towards women (but good for us guys too) is
    Cornered Cat

It is definitely a good read with lots of information... and it does talk about how to handle yourself it you have to use a public restroom...

Rachkir
    - NH (Resident), FL (NR), ME (NR), PA (NR), CT (NR), AZ (NR) PERMIT HOLDER
    (I travel to those states frequently for various reasons)
    http://gunfacts.info/

I remember what happened when one would drop their weapon in basic training. You were one sorry SOB. I can still feel the push up's burning my arms.

adds a whole new meaning to, would you pass over some TP conversation

I read somewhere else on these forums that it is beneficial to sort of pull your underwear over your belt/gun before you drop pants to ensure that it is continually hidden. Then all those rascally kids can see is your underwear and not your other under garment.

10. Glad nothing bad happend because of this. We can all view this as a learning experiance on the importance of using a good retention holster.

What type of holster are you using? I've never had an issue with my Crossbreed Supertuck - although I do tuck the elastic over the grip - more for sight concealment, if it were to be seen under the stall, not for retention - I don't do that at home, and the retention of just the SuperTuck is enough.
    My Website: Nerd with a .45

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast