Concealed carry pants - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Concealed carry pants

Concealed carry pants

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton Felix View Post
    BTW, I like the 5.11 tactical pants, but have never had a use for the strap above the right back pocket.
    I think you should be glad that that strap has not had to be used... do you know what it's for?
    Check out lapolicegear.com they carry 5.11 but I like their brand of tactical pants... crotch is gusseted so quite comfortable and great for my Phantom concealment holster...

Try conceal carry jeans from www.glockstore.com
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

4. Unhappy

GEEZ I wish someone would make clothing for us short stout folks. You can't find anything with a 28" inseam. If you cut off 2-3" from a 30" inseam they just don't fit right.

Is the purpose of the strap to move or carry one, if one is injured?

Quote Originally Posted by Knightrock View Post
    Is the purpose of the strap to move or carry one, if one is injured?

The 5.11 Tactical pants were originally designed after climber's pants. The strap used to be used to hold carabiners, and other climbing gear. I like to hang my keys from the strap with one of those carabiner key rings.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

During my visit to the Shot Show a couple of weeks ago, I noticed that several tactical clothing mfgs had these straps on their pants 3 actually... left hip... right hip and center of the back... when I asked what these were for, I was told to extract you if your were wounded. I guess you could use these for anything you want including hanging your ornaments.

Quote Originally Posted by IWLAFART View Post
    GEEZ I wish someone would make clothing for us short stout folks. You can't find anything with a 28" inseam. If you cut off 2-3" from a 30" inseam they just don't fit right.
    If you buy a 30" seam, go to the nearest clothes restoration store and have them fit it to your size. They are usually located near and/or a dry cleaners.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by IWLAFART View Post
    I order most of my 5.11 Tactical clothing through Police Equipment from CopQuest.com - (800) 728-0974 I take a 32" inseam, but usually order it a couple of inches longer so that I can blouse it with my boots. You never know when that couple of inches of fabric will come in handy. Several years ago, they used to sell the tactical pants "unhemmed". I haven't seen it in a while and can't find it on their website. You might want to contact 5.11 Tactical directly through their website or by phone: 5.11 Tactical Their customer service has always been excellent and very easy to work with. I had some problems with the "Taclite Pro" line when it first came out. The seams would wear a lot quicker than the canvass pants. I sent back several pairs for them to reinforce the seams. I also requested a couple of modifications to be made to the left cargo pocket. They charged me a reasonable fee for the modifications to the inside of the cargo pocket, fixed the problem with the seams, and sent me an additional pair of pants (with the custom pocket) free of charge. They also covered the s&h both ways (sent me a UPS label and RA number for the initial return). This might be one of the reasons why I'm partial to 5.11 Tactical, though I do like to wear my Woolrich pants every once in a while.

One brand that I cannot stand is the Blackhawk Warrior Wear. The colors fade way too fast, the fit isn't quite right, and durability is very poor. Maybe they were designed for an "Arm Chair Warrior" or something. I had a pair rip on me the first time I wore it. Another pair I had lasted only 3 washings before both fading and the funky straps on the back began to unravel. Customer service wasn't that great as well. They requested that I send the pants back to them postage pre-paid (by me of course) and they would examine them for possible replacement at their discretion I told the customer scare rep "forget about it", and donated the pants to Goodwill.

There's a lot of different manufacturers out there. Best thing to do, like firearms is try out a bunch of them and figure out which brand(s) work for you.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

My only problem with conceal pants or any pants realy is that I buy them a size to big to make room for my gun, but after a while it seems like there isn't enough room any more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12