Concealed carry pants
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concealed carry pants

Concealed carry pants

I just picked up a pair of Tru-Spec 24/7 pants at a local police supply store. These are definitely worth a look see! Much more comfortable than 5.11 and they look less tactical and have a ton of pockets, capable of stroring 4 spare mags ( 2 on each leg pocket). Check them out. Tru-Spec 24/7 Pants

Just a side note Sportsmans guide has 5.11 pants on sale (irregulars) 2 pair for $19.97 I will order some and see

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Grunt View Post
    Just a side note Sportsmans guide has 5.11 pants on sale (irregulars) 2 pair for $19.97 I will order some and see
    That's a good deal. I have 2 pair of 5.11 pants. I'm really liking these Tru-Specs....they just seem more comfy IMHO.

I don't feel like the lone guy, I got a pair of Propper Tach the other day.
    https://www.epropper.com/products/23...l+Trouser+.htm

Thanks for the links to the other suppliers...
    Semper Fi

I had a couple pairs of Tru Spec pants. Didn't like the fit. Seemed a little tight in the crotch area when squatting and bending. I did like the wide pockets and durability, but for all day wear, didn't feel right for me.

If you don't like 5.11 Tactical brand clothing, another alternative would be the Woolrich Elite Tactical Series pants. Woolrich Elite Series Tactical I learned about the line at a law enforcement conference. One of the instructors for a class I was taking made a comment about my 5.11 pants and recommended I take a look at what Woolrich had to offer. I purchased a pair at the conference and liked the way they fit. I'm still partial to 5.11 Tactical for some reason, but both pants feel comfortable to me, are fairly durable, and fit a lot of stuff in the pockets.

My recommendation would be to buy one of each pair of pants and see what works best for you.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Thanks for posting all the different choices folks, you referred to some brands I didn't know about.

I'll have to give some of these a try.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Thanks GF, I have to echo an agreement as NDS, I have not seen the Woolrich brand and glad to bookmark them.
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    I had a couple pairs of Tru Spec pants. Didn't like the fit. Seemed a little tight in the crotch area when squatting and bending. I did like the wide pockets and durability, but for all day wear, didn't feel right for me.

If you don't like 5.11 Tactical brand clothing, another alternative would be the Woolrich Elite Tactical Series pants. Woolrich Elite Series Tactical I learned about the line at a law enforcement conference. One of the instructors for a class I was taking made a comment about my 5.11 pants and recommended I take a look at what Woolrich had to offer. I purchased a pair at the conference and liked the way they fit. I'm still partial to 5.11 Tactical for some reason, but both pants feel comfortable to me, are fairly durable, and fit a lot of stuff in the pockets.

My recommendation would be to buy one of each pair of pants and see what works best for you.

gf
    Thanks for the post on Woolrich Tactical pants. I'll check them out.

10. Bear in mind there are a lot of 5.11 pants. Their "tactical" pant is not the "station pants" on sale at Sportsman's Guide. I have a number of their tactical pants in cotton, and a pair of their BDU pants which came with knee pads. I bought a pair of their pants off of eBay and think I got synthetic station pants by mistake. I have a pair or two of various "stealth" pants that will hide rifle and pistol magazines, etc. Just be sure exactly what you are ordering.

BTW, I like the 5.11 tactical pants, but have never had a use for the strap above the right back pocket.
    “The police of a State should never be stronger or better armed than the citizenry. An armed citizenry, willing to fight is the foundation of civil freedom.” Heinlein

Concealed Carry Pants

I think you should be thankful that you haven't had to use that strap.... I just returned from the 2010 Shot show and had a look at Blackhawk... their stuff looks real good a little better than 5.11, I have been using LApolicegear.com stuff and really like the prices ... comfort is awesome and works well with my PHANTOM Deep Concealment Holster.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast