Florida concealed carry - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Florida concealed carry

Good day I recently received my Florida CCW Took 35 days Door to Door, Cost $117.00 well worth it..

So I don't even have to go to FL to get a non-resident FL permit? Alot easier than trying to get a ND permit.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    So I don't even have to go to FL to get a non-resident FL permit? Alot easier than trying to get a ND permit.
    Just call or email the pistol office. They send you an application packet in the mail. Complete that, send it back to them, and then they send you a permit. PA, VA, ME, NH, and CT work the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sights on Target View Post
    Just call or email the pistol office. They send you an application packet in the mail. Complete that, send it back to them, and then they send you a permit. PA, VA, ME, NH, and CT work the same way.
    As will UT once you take the UT specific class...available in many locations. Class is separate fee. Initial license fee is $65.25...and right now renewals are only $10.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudderfish View Post
    Neal,
    Just be careful as some states will only honor the FL concealed carry permit if you are a resident of FL. So if you are a resident of OH and travel to CO (for example), CO will NOT honor your FL non-resident permit. There are a couple of good websites out there that provide info on reciprocity. Carry Concealed is a good site. However, as always, it is best to check the laws of the state you will be traveling to and through. Safe travels.

Fish

ww.carryconcealed.net is seriously out of date. they still show NV honoring UT and FL permits, which have not been honored since last July.

Bad info will get you in BIG trouble.

7. Quote Originally Posted by mdcutler View Post
    I have a FL "Concealed Weapon or Firearm License" I think it is good to have. I live in SC and travel to FL periodically by car--The SC Concealed Carry Permit does not reciprocate with our Sourtherly neighbors, more specifically--Georgia: whereas the FL License does. I was stopped by a LEO for speeding just yesterday in GA [yes--I was, 87mph in a 70] coming back from Daytona 24 hr Race. I was asked for my drivers license, and I handed him my drivers license, and both my CWP cards--I let him know I was carrying on my person and had one firearm in the glove compartment. He asked that I remove my gun from my hip holster and place it on the dashboard, while we spoke. We had a proffessional very short little chat about where I was going and where I was coming from. He asked if I was Law Enforcement--I said "no sir". He advised me to watch my speed. I thanked him. He went back to his car.

I have to say this was the very first time I was stopped by a LEO and carrying. I do believe this was the reason he did not give me a ticket. I am also very glad I had my FL license, which of course allows reciprocity with GA. All in all --I discovered that I was not as nervous as I thought I could have been about being pulled over and of course --Happy with the outcome. Needless to say , I watched my speed all the way home!
    Thank You for this posting. I have been wondering what the procedure is if one is stopped by a LEO for a traffice violation. Sounds like you have exercised good common sense, but I still am wondering if there is a law on how to handle this. I imagine it varies from state to state and I would have thought when a LEO pulls you over he already knows you have a CCW by a run of the plates. Am I wrong?

Between my SC and my non-resident Fla CCP I'm covered in 33 States. ONLY MICH/COLO/NHAMP will not honor Fla "NON-Resident". SC does not have a reciprocity agreement with those States either. My Fla non took 5 1/2 months. They did require, as stated in earlier post, that you must have proof on Gun Safety class or equivalent as well as a CCP Class. They will accept a DD214 for proof of Gun Safety. My last one was issued in 87, they accepted it. The delay, I'm sure, is that are sooooo overwhelmed by appts.

Geezer--

SC states in it's laws for a CWP holder stopped for a traffic violation, that --if carrying a concealed firearm-- you will identify youself as such and hand them your CWP permit [must always be in your possession while carrying concealed] along with your driver's license, when asked to identify yourself. Note: The SC law does not say you verbally have to identify yourself as a CWP permit holder--but I would!] Don't forget that someone else could be driving that car--not just the CWP Permit holder. I cannot speak for other states--but I would expect that the same rules would apply. I sure would not like to find out I should have said, or done something way earlier--should I find myself out of the car and face down on the ground with a gun in my ear! SC law also does not require a CWP permit to carry a loaded firearm in the center console or glove compartment [provide there is a secure latching mechanism--not necessarily locked]. Always be sure you know what the laws are wherever you are driving!

Mappow--

MY FL non-resident license took a full 90 days for them to process it--that was submitted 3/26/09--actually got it the beginning of May--about what I expected. Wow--what a number of applications they must have!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudderfish View Post
    Neal,
    Just be careful as some states will only honor the FL concealed carry permit if you are a resident of FL. So if you are a resident of OH and travel to CO (for example), CO will NOT honor your FL non-resident permit. There are a couple of good websites out there that provide info on reciprocity. Carry Concealed is a good site. However, as always, it is best to check the laws of the state you will be traveling to and through. Safe travels.

Fish
    Carryconcealed.net used to be a good site for reciprocity information. They no longer are! Don't trust reciprocity info from that site! As an example; they show that my Arizona permit is recognized in Nevada but not in Nebraska. Arizona permits are no longer recognized in Nevada but they are recognized in Nebraska. Carryconcealed.net used to keep up to date and their trip planner was neat but they're at least a year out of date. For good reciprocity information...you're on the best site on the net! Just go to the RESOURCES section. Luke keeps this site current better than anyone else. Kudos to Luke!
    MOLON LABE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12