is .380 enough gun? - Page 15
Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: is .380 enough gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Stan45 View Post
    We all enjoyed the fad with the .380
    Now let’s get serious and get back to .45 acp
    It's not really a fad... the .45acp is only four years older than the .380acp... but I get what you're saying, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

.380 is good enough for me for edc however if other needs arise i have friends with bigger guns ..like if fema bangs on our door at 2am........

gun control is being able to hit your target

4. I just purchased an LCP and Hornady Critical Defense ammo after a lengthy discussion with my local gun store owner/Vietnam vet. I have had issues with a stalker in the past and refused to end up a victim. After discussing several options we decided the .380 was a good size for me to conceal and packed enough punch for what I hope to never need. I did consider the LC9 and may make it my next purchase but for now the LCP just seemed like it fit my hand better and the lighter weight was less obvious if I carried it in my coat pocket. In the long run I think you have to be comfortable with your choice and practice to the point where you don't have to think about what you're doing. I'll never forget the owner's last words as I left the store, "I hope you never have to use it but if you do kill him."

5. I would have put it this way. If you ever have to use it don't stop shooting till the threat is taken care of.
    Whether alive or dead, as long as he can't harm you that's cool. Besides, if he lives the scars will be a
    reminder for him to not bother people.

Lowly, hell! I carry everyday a Beretta M1934 .380 ACP service pistol from WW2 I inherited from my father, who brought it home from the war. He carried it in a pocket for years when he tended bar in a rough neighborhood in Ohio in the late '40s. I've shot hundreds of rounds of FMJ without any problems at all, and at fifty feet can easily put all seven rounds in the head of a human silhouette target. Just producing a gun at all is sufficient as protection in a great many cases of self-defense. The pistol is a beautiful reminder of the care and sense of artistry given to weapons-making back then. It is made of the highest grade steel, blued, rugged and wholey reliable.

I just saw a report where .380 acp only penetrated 8 inches.
    That will get you killed.
    “An armed society is a polite society.”

I just saw a report where .380 acp only penetrated 8 inches.
    That will get you killed.
    Yup, a .380acp going 8" into a body will kill them. But, everyone all ready knew that, so....welcome to the party.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Yup, a .380acp going 8" into a body will kill them. But, everyone all ready knew that, so....welcome to the party.
    That may get the shooter killed.
    That is why the FBI has a minimun of 12 inches.
    “An armed society is a polite society.”

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    That may get the shooter killed.
    That is why the FBI has a minimun of 12 inches.
    A .45 going 17" through a threat may get the shooter killed too. A .40 going 13" into a threat may also get the shooter killed. A 9mm going 22" through a threat may get the shooter killed. AND? What else would you like to say "may" happen? A monkey may drop a potted plant on your head after you stop the threat with your sw500, so I guess 12" isn't the goal, but maybe just an umbrella..but then again you may be struck by lightning.

There are many reasons, not just one reason, the FBI has a 12" mark. Just like there are many reasons police force's around the world use the .380. 8" is not perfect, but it is lethal if placed properly. 8" may just save your life just like a .45 may just save your life. A .45 will not always work, just like 8" won't always work.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

11. Hey! Wander around out there without a gun till you are attacked and end up in the hospital. Then as you recover (hopefully you recover) ask yourself if a .380 would have helped. I doubt any criminals go around laughing about getting shot with a .380.

Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast