is .380 enough gun? - Page 20
Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: is .380 enough gun?

1. I personally carry a Springfield xdsc 9, but I recently bought my wife a bersa 380 cc. I have to say I love that little gun. Feels great and shoots great. I'm thinking about getting myself one. Only complaint is it's almost impossible to find decent priced 380 ammo in my area.

3. Bersa Thunder .380 is a very nice gun. They also have a 15 round version.

I carry my Bursa 380 CC and love it as well. Shoots great and is good for summer carry (shorts and T-shirt). However, I am thinking about purchasing a Glock 26 as an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by laswkayker View Post
    I carry my Bursa 380 CC and love it as well. Shoots great and is good for summer carry (shorts and T-shirt). However, I am thinking about purchasing a Glock 26 as an upgrade.
    Very good choice's as my wife and I have both, however if you can I suggest trying a 26 before you buy, because they do have a very short grip, and if you have to add the mag extention you may as well buy a G-19, barrel length is about 3/8s longer than a 26 and if you have a mag extention on your 26 they will be very close in grip length, and it will hold 16 rds
    Bad Guys of the world beware the next time you think about jumping on a old guy, because its a fair bet he's to old to fight and probably to fat to run, but can put one in your eye at 50ft with his weak hand

I have done some backyard testing with wet news paper, and a 380 will certainly penatrate far enough to kill, in fact FMJ ammo seems to do almost as good a job as some of the high dollar defence rds, also a hot 22LR will do the job, part of the problem with 380 gun is most are tiny little guns that hurt to shoot, so if your more than a few yds away from the BG you most likely will not hit the target at all let alone a well placed shot that will put them down, of course that really holds true with any tiny gun, in any caliber, now if you were to have a bit larger gun, like possably the Bersa, Sig, Walther, the gun would be a bunch easyer to get a good on target hit, because seriously I agree a 380 is a plenty leathal enough rd, the shot has to be placed were it will do some imeadiate damage, because the hole from the bullit if not in a vital area, will only bleed a little and will not stop a determind attacker, that being said it would seem a larger caliber would make a larger hole so the BG would tend bleed out faster, I guess if theres a bottom line to this its no matter what the caliber you carry you have to have good shot placement, and the bigger the bullit and the heavyer the gun the more chance you have of getting a leathal hit
    Bad Guys of the world beware the next time you think about jumping on a old guy, because its a fair bet he's to old to fight and probably to fat to run, but can put one in your eye at 50ft with his weak hand

7. I carry an XD in 45ACP but if it were a choice of .380 or nothing I would definitely choose the .380. Any gun is better than no gun. I have shot the Bursa and must admit it shot very well.

I carry a .32 every day and do not feel under gunned. But it is the 327 Fed Mag. Wicked it tis and no horrendous recoil.

Quote Originally Posted by 9026543 View Post
    I carry a .32 every day and do not feel under gunned. But it is the 327 Fed Mag. Wicked it tis and no horrendous recoil.
    LOL a 327 mag is not really the 32 we all think of, that rd is a butt kicker, about as strong as a 38 special

Say what you will about any defensive caliber: A 22lr on your person is better than a 45acp you left home because it's too big to carry. Just saying....
    Jim Page

Cogito, ergo armatum sum

11. Since this thread hasn't died yet....

While I know energy isn't the most perfect measure of stopping power, it's the only measure that the manufactures provide, so here I go...
    Buffalo Bore 80gr Barnes 380+P: 300 ft/lbs
    Remington 125gr Golden Saber 38 Special+P: 264 ft/lbs
    Remington 125gr 38 Special (non +P): 201 ft/lbs
    Federal 115gr Hi-shok 9mm Luger: 356 ft/lbs

It seems to me that the 380, especially in the +P offerings deserves more respect and testing than we've seen. Lacking any ballistics gel, I'd love to see some testing for these rounds to test for penetration, clothing barrier penetration/function, etc. I'm not foolish enough to think that it'll do well against auto glass or car doors, but demin and leather would be interesting!

Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast