is .380 enough gun? - Page 24
Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 368

Thread: is .380 enough gun?

  1. #231
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    By the way SGB, what is it exactly that you are arguing? Are you still mad about me winning that .22lr debate on the other forum, or are you saying that .380acp is inadequate for self defense? I've provided my sources....you don't trust the NRA when it comes to cartridge evaluations? I do. I also shoot daily and carry several calibers, ranging from .22 to .45. I've said it before and I'm saying it again: You have offered no supporting evidence to your claims in any forum...maybe you should bow out. I won't laugh. Promise.

  2.   
  3. #232
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tallahassee Florida
    Posts
    1,877
    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    When you start screaming for sources from others, you had better be prepared to present some in favor of your own argument. As for me, I posted one of my sources. When you shoot, where do you aim? I shoot for the gut, I mean to stop the threat by causing intense pain. Also, no bones there, just a hip bone to break or richochet off of. As for my credentials, I am awaiting evidence supporting your opinion. Shall I post copies of my discharge papers? Lol. Nah, they'll say I provoked you and vilify me on TV. Go back to defensivecarry and spout your "only a .45" BS there.
    You just posted for posterity your complete and utter ignorance.


    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    By the way SGB, what is it exactly that you are arguing? Are you still mad about me winning that .22lr debate on the other forum, or are you saying that .380acp is inadequate for self defense? I've provided my sources....you don't trust the NRA when it comes to cartridge evaluations? I do. I also shoot daily and carry several calibers, ranging from .22 to .45. I've said it before and I'm saying it again: You have offered no supporting evidence to your claims in any forum...maybe you should bow out. I won't laugh. Promise.

    I'm sorry but you must not have made enough of an impression for me to remember you sparky. However You've easily pegged yourself as an idiot in this thread.

    "It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it" - SGB

  4. #233
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Soooooo...post your source?

  5. #234
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by titon View Post
    actually, it's not, on the street, anyway, plenty of sources prove that 90+% of the time, you dont have to hit them with ANY bullet, to make them flee, and 80% of the time, you don't have to fire at all. it's quite rare, really, less than 1 time in 20 attacks, that you have to shoot him into the ground with repeated, powerful hits to the chest, or blow off his head.

    bs on the 12" being "required", I can kill you very dead with bullets that "only" penetrate 4" into your chest. :-)
    4 inches is a lot when you take into consideration that the human body was not intended to be penetrated and will likely go into shock when a certain level of blood is lost.

    The 12" they so often quote is an FBI standard for agents IN THE LINE OF DUTY. As we all know, they work high profile cases, or cases too dangerous for average LEOs, FBI agents chase bank robbers, terrorists, spies, cartels, all the non-run of the mill types who probably won't try to stick you or I up. Those types they chase are most likely going to possess some kind of body armor or be trained killers on drugs. Kind of like some of the terrorists you meet overseas.

  6. #235
    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    4 inches is a lot when you take into consideration that the human body was not intended to be penetrated and will likely go into shock when a certain level of blood is lost.

    The 12" they so often quote is an FBI standard for agents IN THE LINE OF DUTY. As we all know, they work high profile cases, or cases too dangerous for average LEOs, FBI agents chase bank robbers, terrorists, spies, cartels, all the non-run of the mill types who probably won't try to stick you or I up. Those types they chase are most likely going to possess some kind of body armor or be trained killers on drugs. Kind of like some of the terrorists you meet overseas.
    They do??
    And the bad guy that a citizen may have to defend against is what a teen skipping school?
    “An armed society is a polite society.”

  7. #236
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tallahassee Florida
    Posts
    1,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan45 View Post
    They do??
    And the bad guy that a citizen may have to defend against is what a teen skipping school?
    You're working on a lost cause.

    "It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it" - SGB

  8. #237
    Flanmedic51 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    4 inches is a lot when you take into consideration that the human body was not intended to be penetrated and will likely go into shock when a certain level of blood is lost.

    The 12" they so often quote is an FBI standard for agents IN THE LINE OF DUTY. As we all know, they work high profile cases, or cases too dangerous for average LEOs, FBI agents chase bank robbers, terrorists, spies, cartels, all the non-run of the mill types who probably won't try to stick you or I up. Those types they chase are most likely going to possess some kind of body armor or be trained killers on drugs. Kind of like some of the terrorists you meet overseas.
    Where are you people getting this stuff??? 12" benchmark is via ballistic gelatin which translates to much less once the round penetrates the human body since it has to pass through clothes, bone, muscle, etc. If the BG has armor on, it doesn't matter if the round has demonstrated 12" penetration through jello........

    FYI. The FBI doesn't ONLY do high profile Rambo stuff like in the movies...

  9. I just bought my first pistol 3 months ago. I choose a Walther pk380, its great for conceal. I feel the size of the round isn't such a big deal, if you can hit what your shooting at, it will deter your attacker no matter what the size.

  10. #239
    The Peter Soulis Incident
    Palmer had taken 22 hits from Soulis' .40-caliber Glock, 17 of which had hit center mass. Despite the fact that the weapon had been loaded with Ranger SXTs considered by many to be one of the best man-stoppers available Palmer lived for more than four minutes after the last shot was fired. His autopsy revealed nothing more than a small amount of alcohol in his bloodstream.
    A web search you should be able to find the whole story, if not let me know and I'll post it.

    When the fight has started it is to late to run home and get a bigger gun.
    We must look at some of these shootings and then decide what is best. What I decide is best for me may be different from you. The point is will will live or die with our choices.
    “An armed society is a polite society.”

  11. #240
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Yup, if you want to stop a running man dead in his tracks, the best thing available is multiple hits from 3" 00 Buck. Or a full auto rifle...But since we can't carry those legally, we have to make choices in smaller handgun calibers. When we ask questions on internet forums looking for honest fact-based answers, people like SGB argue against everything but .45acp. Call me a lost cause, call me all the names you like. It just reinforces my argument when you call names and belittle instead of providing supporting evidence. I call BS when I see it, as have others in this thread. I'm not going to sugarcoat my responses, nor am I going to present my opinion as fact as you have done. Just be truthful, put "IMHO" before your post.

    The point I was trying to make was, since the most often used caliber in self defense situations has been 22lr, which I have provided hard facts supporting its effectiveness, then .380acp will be JUST FINE AS LONG AS YOU MAKE CONSISTENT HITS TO VITAL AREAS, AS WITH ALL CALIBERS.. Yes, every caliber has been noted to fail, even 50BMG. People survived point blank shots to the chest with those 68 caliber muskets during the American revolution. There's no magic number when it comes to guns. But to argue against a caliber that people are and have been carrying in large numbers and maiming and killing each other with for a century is just stupid, unless you have actual evidence supporting your argument. In that case, I'm all ears.

Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. BATFE: Any Semi-Auto Can Be A Machine Gun
    By Oregon Vet in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-03-2012, 06:23 AM
  2. Why I Carry A Gun, and You Should Too
    By Tea For One in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-02-2010, 03:06 PM
  3. North Carolina Concealed Gun Law In Spotlight
    By lukem in forum North Carolina Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-20-2008, 09:51 AM
  4. Gun Rights Threatened In 2008
    By lukem in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 10:59 PM
  5. NY Governor Paterson proposes legislation to reduce gun violence
    By Ruger Lady in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-21-2008, 09:52 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast