is .380 enough gun? - Page 26
Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 368

Thread: is .380 enough gun?

  1. #251
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by schadenfreude View Post
    Ah, there it is. It's always nice when I can "out" a "cop-hater" with so little effort.

    Citing Wikipedia in support of your ridiculous contention that .380 = .22 = "adequate for SD" is about as pathetic as pathetic gets:
    Wikipedia cites their sources. If you actually clicked the link, you would have seen that.

  2.   
  3. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    I don't hate cops....
    Sure you do.

    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    When proven wrong, a pig hurls insults and rehashes the same regurgitated garbage that got him into trouble in the first place.
    Oh, like this?

    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    You are a pig.
    Looks like you thought that you were the big authority here on the board 'til you were challenged. Your feelings got hurt and you became defensive showing yourself to be both poorly versed on the topic and a cop-hater. Keep up with the insults, they show everyone here just what you really are.
    Highly recommended reading:
    .
    QUANTITATIVE AMMUNITION SELECTION

  4. #253
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by schadenfreude View Post
    Looks like you thought that you were the big authority here on the board 'til you were challenged. Your feelings got hurt and you became defensive showing yourself to be both poorly versed on the topic and a cop-hater. Keep up with the insults, they show everyone here just what you really are.
    Surely you thought because youre a "police officer" that everybody would respond with fear to your bravado which you resorted to when I challenged you to provide sources. I am not afraid of police, nor am I afraid of you. save your angry outbursts for somebody else. Instead of bashing on my sources, provide something in support of your own argument that would disspell them. I have been telling you from your first post in this thread to provide a source. Do it already! I think you'll find that the majority of americans are hostile to your loud mouthed childish attitude. I called you out, I called BS on your argument which has nothing to back it up. Now do something other than grandstand.

  5. #254
    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    Surely you thought because youre a "police officer" that everybody would respond with fear to your bravado which you resorted to when I challenged you to provide sources. I am not afraid of police, nor am I afraid of you. save your angry outbursts for somebody else. Instead of bashing on my sources, provide something in support of your own argument that would disspell them. I have been telling you from your first post in this thread to provide a source. Do it already!
    I am glad to hear that you aren't afraid of me. I hate cowards. I've already provided sources (Roberts, Fackler, Schwartz, MacPherson, et al). If you are unable to read or understand what they've written on the matter...well, that's simply not my problem. Perhaps you should've paid more attention in school.


    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    I think you'll find that the majority of americans are hostile to your loud mouthed childish attitude. I called you out, I called BS on your argument which has nothing to back it up.
    Your continued insistence that .22 = "adequate for self-defense" = .380 suggests an extremely limited perspective of the issue and is one that would benefit greatly from less bluster and more study. Of course, this pattern of behavior is typical of every cop-hater that I've ever known, but I digress.
    Highly recommended reading:
    .
    QUANTITATIVE AMMUNITION SELECTION

  6. #255
    If you look at Thompson - LaGarde report and what Hatcher did they agree that caliber is by far the most important factor in the stopping power of any bullet that has adequate energy to carry it well into the body.
    “An armed society is a polite society.”

  7. #256
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by schadenfreude View Post
    I am glad to hear that you aren't afraid of me. I hate cowards. I've already provided sources (Roberts, Fackler, Schwartz, MacPherson, et al). If you are unable to read or understand what they've written on the matter...well, that's simply not my problem. Perhaps you should've paid more attention in school.




    Your continued insistence that .22 = "adequate for self-defense" = .380 suggests an extremely limited perspective of the issue and is one that would benefit greatly from less bluster and more study. Of course, this pattern of behavior is typical of every cop-hater that I've ever known, but I digress.
    Blah blah blah...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan45 View Post
    If you look at Thompson - LaGarde report and what Hatcher did they agree that caliber is by far the most important factor in the stopping power of any bullet that has adequate energy to carry it well into the body.
    So if I shoot at someone with a .45 and miss and he hits me twice with a .32 does caliber still matter? Or does his SHOT PLACEMENT trump it all? Think hard...

  8. #257
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tallahassee Florida
    Posts
    1,876
    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    Blah blah blah...

    "It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it" - SGB

  9. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    Blah blah blah...

    So if I shoot at someone with a .45 and miss and he hits me twice with a .32 does caliber still matter? Or does his SHOT PLACEMENT trump it all? Think hard...
    So if you shoot someone with a .22 and miss.....................
    “An armed society is a polite society.”

  10. The new James Bond movie which just came out has "M" handing Bond a pistol and telling him it is a 9mm short or in other words a .380. If a .380 is good enough for Bond it's good enough for me.

    Oh darling, make that shaken and not stirred.


  11. #260
    Quote Originally Posted by SGB View Post
    Absolutly.................
    Bad Guys of the world beware the next time you think about jumping on a old guy, because its a fair bet he's to old to fight and probably to fat to run, but can put one in your eye at 50ft with his weak hand

Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. BATFE: Any Semi-Auto Can Be A Machine Gun
    By Oregon Vet in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-03-2012, 07:23 AM
  2. Why I Carry A Gun, and You Should Too
    By Tea For One in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-02-2010, 04:06 PM
  3. North Carolina Concealed Gun Law In Spotlight
    By lukem in forum North Carolina Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-20-2008, 10:51 AM
  4. Gun Rights Threatened In 2008
    By lukem in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 11:59 PM
  5. NY Governor Paterson proposes legislation to reduce gun violence
    By Ruger Lady in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-21-2008, 10:52 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast