is .380 enough gun? - Page 27
Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: is .380 enough gun?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan45 View Post
    So if you shoot someone with a .22 and miss.....................
    Redundant. If i miss then i miss. If youre not making hits, your .45 doesnt matter.

Schadenfreude, Im watching the Drew Petersen movie, it reminds me of you.

Front sight press, if you know how to do that, you can hit with any caliber.
    Stop making excuses for you bad marksmanship.
    “An armed society is a polite society.”

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    Schadenfreude, Im watching the Drew Petersen movie, it reminds me of you.
    Nice. As I said earlier, keep up with the persistent insults and childish behavior.

It simply confirms to anyone reading this thread that you are every bit the angry cop-hater that you say you aren't.
    Highly recommended reading:
    QUANTITATIVE AMMUNITION SELECTION

Blog Entries
    Ssshhhhhhh...take your nap.

Blog Entries
    My observations:

First, there's nothing quite so pathetic as someone who makes threats on the internet. Mistaken for a punching bag, indeed.

Second, my experience with various .380s has shown me that they require a lot more focus on trigger control than my 1911s to get shots on target. Even my P238. And they are a lot snappier due to size and weight.
    I question whether in the heat of battle I can attain that degree of trigger control, given the physical reactions that are widely documented to occur at that level of stress.

Third, expecting to reliably deliver a shot to the eye (or ocular cavity) is unrealistic. Refer to point the second.
    My plan is to aim center mass. Body armor or no.

Fourth - Yeah, a .22 can kill someone given the correct shot placement. So can a bow and arrow. Or a rock.
    I don't carry either one of those for self defense either.

I know my limits; therefore I don't normally carry a .380.
    All that said, I sure wouldn't turn my nose up at one if that's all I had at hand!
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kerb View Post
    My observations:

First, there's nothing quite so pathetic as someone who makes threats on the internet. Mistaken for a punching bag, indeed.

Second, my experience with various .380s has shown me that they require a lot more focus on trigger control than my 1911s to get shots on target. Even my P238. And they are a lot snappier due to size and weight.
    I question whether in the heat of battle I can attain that degree of trigger control, given the physical reactions that are widely documented to occur at that level of stress.

Third, expecting to reliably deliver a shot to the eye (or ocular cavity) is unrealistic. Refer to point the second.

Fourth - Yeah, a .22 can kill someone given the correct shot placement. So can a bow and arrow. Or a rock.

All that said, I sure wouldn't turn my nose up at one if that's all I had at hand!
    When did I threaten him? Never. We all know that idiots like him don't deserve the badge and if the person he offended didnt know he was a cop, yes, he probably would be used as a punching bag.

As for your thoughts on .380, valid. You made an actual argument based on your personal abilities and preference. But in the end, you validated my point, any caliber is sufficient provided you make hits to vital areas. I don't know why SGB, schadenfreude and Stan45 are arguing, probably because I didn't sing praises and bow down to the almighty .45acp cartridge. It's like arguing the about the difference between a maple leaf and the leaf on a palm tree. They do the same thing, one is bigger. Whoopdeeedoo

My observations:

It's not the first time it's happened on the 'net and it probably won't be the last. Quite frankly, I can forgive the transgression since it is of no consequence to me.

Tricolordad's portrayal of himself through his own words/behavior speaks volumes as to his character and defines him in a way that no one else's actions ever could. All anyone needs to do is look at his persistent name-calling (as recent as the post #266 above) and judge for themselves his true nature. I'll leave it at that.

Yeah, I have the same problem with smaller guns- seems my hand needs a larger frame for the extra purchase. Combine that with the reduction in fine motor control that comes with the adrenaline dump and I have no choice but to move up in grip size.

That's as good a plan as any other. It's highly unlikely that we are going to face an armored attacker and if we do, the best course of action is a "tactical retreat" if it is at all possible. That might make me a "chicken", but I am a "chicken" who gets to see his loved ones again.

That and everyone'll make fun of you carrying that rock around in a holster.

Neither would I were it all that I had....beats harsh language and dirty looks.

When did I threaten him?
    Since you asked, sparky...

Right here. It's not very subtle, but that is hardly surprising-

Spoken like a true police officer, not used to being AVERAGE once the shift is over. Careful with that mouth, without your uniform on you might be mistaken for a punching bag.

Blog Entries

Re: is .380 enough gun?

When did I threaten him? Never. We all know that idiots like him don't deserve the badge and if the person he offended didnt know he was a cop, yes, he probably would be used as a punching bag.
    That's internet tough guy talk man. Don't stoop to that. Just makes you appear foolish, and I think you really probably aren't.

Ima quit preaching at you now.

As for your thoughts on .380, valid. You made an actual argument based on your personal abilities and preference. But in the end, you validated my point, any caliber is sufficient provided you make hits to vital areas. I don't know why SGB, schadenfreude and Stan45 are arguing, probably because I didn't sing praises and bow down to the almighty .45acp cartridge. It's like arguing the about the difference between a maple leaf and the leaf on a palm tree. They do the same thing, one is bigger. Whoopdeeedoo

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

Blog Entries
    You can find a grip extension and backstraps at just about every website that sells firearms...no excuse there. Instead of paying $2000 and upwards for that Kimber, why not pay a little less for a gun with extended magazines, rails, adjustable backstraps that wont cost as much as your bi-annual car insurance and made of actual metal, not that MIM garbage. Don't say you don't have a dept issued Kimber, LEOs everywhere have them, even in Boyceville WI pop 1000, 2 cops. Seen it with my own eyes, budget issues my ass...Sure, I can carry my Trojan around and have 7+1 and the big gun, or I can carry my PK380 with a grip extension and 12+1 with a P22 at backup with another 10+1 ready to rock. Validate that purchase. Your gun is your ***** right? Lmao

Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast