is .380 enough gun? - Page 28
Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: is .380 enough gun?

Bullet Penetration Modeling the Dynamics and Incapacitation Resulting from Wound Trauma by Buncan MacPherson
    Was written after the FBI testing. If you are up to date on the Miami shooting that kicked off the search for better bullets. One round was in line with the heart of a bad guy and that round stopped short. This bad guy went om to shoot several people.
    Rather than how I feel about a caliber does not matter, we need to look at the data, the shootings, the papers from International Wound Ballistics Assoication (IWBA) and the old test by LaGarde, the IWBA promoted the republishing of that work. They said it was sound and better than most modern work.
    That should give is all something to think about. Better to do it now than when the chips are down and lead is flying your way.
    “An armed society is a polite society.”

is .380 enough gun?

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    Spoken like a true police officer, not used to being AVERAGE once the shift is over. Careful with that mouth, without your uniform on you might be mistaken for a punching bag.
    That sounds like a threat to me, something which is not going to go over well here..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    That sounds like a threat to me, something which is not going to go over well here..
    You can interpret anything I say any way you want. Doesn't make it so. Whatcha gonna do, grandstand?

You can interpret anything I say any way you want. Doesn't make it so. Whatcha gonna do, grandstand?
    Picking another fight?
    Do your parents know that you are on the computer?
    Highly recommended reading:
    QUANTITATIVE AMMUNITION SELECTION

Blog Entries
    This horse is about dead ain't it fellas?
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

I've read numerous articles on this topic, concensus seems to be that the .380 is borderline for personal protection, and would carry for backup, but not primary
    weapon.
    However, a .380 is better than a rock.
    I carry a 1911 .45, but will be buying the wife an M&P 9c soon. This month's Guns and Ammo has a compact 9 writeup.

so who aims at the arm? What makes you think that an upper arm bone, shattered by a bullet, lets the guy keep attacking? I guarantee that any power that the bullet still has when it strikes the far side skin is NOT usable to stop the guy. :-) I've shot hundreds of animals with the various loads, and most jhps don't expand at ALL in flesh and blood, guys. It's a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by kerb View Post
    This horse is about dead ain't it fellas?
    Sounds like its way past dead, maybe like being carted into the glue factory dead
    Bad Guys of the world beware the next time you think about jumping on a old guy, because its a fair bet he's to old to fight and probably to fat to run, but can put one in your eye at 50ft with his weak hand

Quote Originally Posted by titon View Post
    so who aims at the arm?
    No one that I know of. However, if that arm is in the way and in front of the COM/POA when the shooting starts, it will likely be hit. In that case, the bullet better have enough steam to penetrate to the vitals after that.

What makes you think that an upper arm bone, shattered by a bullet, lets the guy keep attacking?
    His other arm. (unless he's an amputee)

I guarantee that any power that the bullet still has when it strikes the far side skin is NOT usable to stop the guy. :-) I've shot hundreds of animals with the various loads, and most jhps don't expand at ALL in flesh and blood, guys. It's a joke.
    There are no guarantees.
    Highly recommended reading:
    QUANTITATIVE AMMUNITION SELECTION

is .380 enough gun?

No. Maybe just this..
    is .380 enough gun?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1352520541.303881.jpg

Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast