is .380 enough gun? - Page 32
Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: is .380 enough gun?

no, it's not. Start with a .22, and save 30c a shot over .32 ammo cost. Same poor level of stopping power, but lots more practice. Yiou don't want to be on the receiving end of a pellet rifle, either. Does that make the pellet rifle a manstopper? Believe me, if you want to BET some REAL money on the effects seen on say, some large feral dogs, 380 vs a REAL 9mm load, I'd be happy to take your money.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trainor View Post
    no, it's not. Start with a .22, and save 30c a shot over .32 ammo cost. Same poor level of stopping power, but lots more practice. Yiou don't want to be on the receiving end of a pellet rifle, either. Does that make the pellet rifle a manstopper? Believe me, if you want to BET some REAL money on the effects seen on say, some large feral dogs, 380 vs a REAL 9mm load, I'd be happy to take your money.
    Will you be training to shoot feral dogs by tossing pop cans in the air and shooting them?

I Carry .380 all day. I keep special Hollow hydra shocks for the cc times in my life. MY FIXED BARREL WALTHER PPK FULLY STAINLESS WILL DELIVER WITH TIGHT GROUPING ANY TIME. So in my case .380 handles my worries unless there is 7 threats in this situation.

One thing I have found to be true while checking post on this forum is guys not so much women but the dudes will keep asking the same question till they get the answer they want to hear, as I don't have anything else to do at the moment, anybody can carry whatever cal weapon they wish, a 380 will kill, so will a 22, a 25 I doubt it as has been said any gun is better than no gun, anybody that thinks that has never shot anything but paper with a 25, and I honestly think you would better off with a 22 with stingers than a 32, and if anybodys interested I carry ether a 380 TCP or a NAA 22 mag in my pocket all day everyday, but that's only in addition to a compact 1911 on my left hip and a G-27 on my right, with extra mags in the cars consol
    Bad Guys of the world beware the next time you think about jumping on a old guy, because its a fair bet he's to old to fight and probably to fat to run, but can put one in your eye at 50ft with his weak hand

I could be wrong, but I've heard that more people have been killed by the .22 than any other caliber.
    ~ HEAVEN Has A Wall And A Strict Immigration Policy - HELL Has Open Borders ~

7. I carry either a .380 or a .32 and have confidence in them. Not sure why anyone would want a .22LR over a .32 pistol?
    The .32 loaded with FMJ will go thru 4 layers of denim and penetrate 14 inches of ballistic gel. To me that is pretty good
    efficiency. For many years the .32 was used in Europe, Police used it as did some Armies. The .32 acp has killed many people.

The .380 is an underrated gun also. A man shot a burglar once in the chest with a .380, burglar died. People have actually
    brought down wild hogs with a .380 also. People need to understand shot placement. I guess some people don't have confidence in their shooting ability so they want a .40 or .45 that will do as much damage as possible. Just remember if you don't put that .40 or .45 in a good place the bad guy may still shoot at you. Argue all you want about calibers, but the real
    deal is shot placement.

Is .380 enough? Why wouldn't it be? There was a killing here in town last year with a Ruger LCP .380. Proof enough. I carry a .380 as my primary weapon, I like it.

9. Only thing I have against .22 is the inherent unreliability of rimfire cartridges. I read an article about the difficulties of producing rimfire ammunition, .22lr in particular that stuck with me. I know most shoot just fine but I will stick to centerfire for defense. I carry a .40sw, but am thinking of getting a .380 for summer carry/pocket carry.

is .380 enough gun?

Watch this short video... You will enjoy it
    http://youtu.be/8NfS9owxPiU

I personally would prefer a 9mm or .45 ACP but if a .380 was the largest caliber that I could achieve multiple hits with that's what I would go with. Needless to say using high quality JHP ammo. In the last CCW class I taught for our gun club 4 of the 11 students had .380s as their EDC.

Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast