is .380 enough gun? - Page 33
Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 368

Thread: is .380 enough gun?

  1. My wife has an LCP. It's fun to shoot. Easy to conceal. But I have my reservations as well. I wonder if I should try some hollow points and would like to see some penetration tests. It is so small that accuracy can be an issue. I can hold a three
    inch group at 30 ft. but not easily. It takes a lot of work and time that I may not have. It is so small and short that it does not point well, but as a real self defense gun, that is, less than 10ft. I think it'll do fine.

  2.   
  3. I would rather have something like a 9mm and up but I wouldn't want to get shot with a .380 either.

  4. #323
    Quote Originally Posted by the real diehl View Post
    My wife has an LCP. It's fun to shoot. Easy to conceal. But I have my reservations as well. I wonder if I should try some hollow points and would like to see some penetration tests. It is so small that accuracy can be an issue. I can hold a three
    inch group at 30 ft. but not easily. It takes a lot of work and time that I may not have. It is so small and short that it does not point well, but as a real self defense gun, that is, less than 10ft. I think it'll do fine.
    My wife and I also had LCPs, and a inch group at 30ft is very good, but I highly doubt you or I or just about anybody else is going to do that while being shot at by a BG, we traded ours for Taurus TCPs they just seemed to have a better feel than the Rugers, but as you said in any case they are both a up close and personal gun
    Bad Guys of the world beware the next time you think about jumping on a old guy, because its a fair bet he's to old to fight and probably to fat to run, but can put one in your eye at 50ft with his weak hand

  5. #324
    First and most important, have a gun that you can handle.
    Second shot placement.
    In my opinion after you have met the first Two requirements it is strictly your choice.

  6. #325
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    2,837

    is .380 enough gun?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
    My wife and I also had LCPs, and a inch group at 30ft is very good, but I highly doubt you or I or just about anybody else is going to do that while being shot at by a BG, we traded ours for Taurus TCPs they just seemed to have a better feel than the Rugers, but as you said in any case they are both a up close and personal gun
    I LOVE my Taurus TCP! It's a bit of a handful but I could shoot that thing all day long!
    Features for a pocket gun are outstanding as well.
    Chamber loaded indicator on the extractor
    Slide stays open after last shot and it has a built in locking mech! Fun fun fun!


    Sent from behind enemy lines.

  7. #326
    Enough? Sure, if you are accurate under distress. Optimum? Nope. 9mm isn't much more difficult to carry concealed and has a good bit more punch.

  8. I like the .380 and I think any gun you want just be able to get a well placed round

  9. look, nobody wants to be shot with a pellet pistol, either. Such "thinking' is silly. Such unwillingness does not make the pellet gun or the 380 a manstopper. Shoot a few animals with the 380,and you will know that it's about as "effective" as a Stinger from a .22lr rifle. Which is to say', ok for rabbits, a bit feeble for chucks, not nearly enough for coyotes". guys with lots of experience consider a full sized 9mm a bit on the weak side, unless it's loaded really "hot". So a pocket 9, and at that, loaded up "really special" is all I will settle for. However, since very few people will have the need to even fire, much less hit anybody, much less have to beat them into the ground with multiple hits with powerful loads, I DO recommend the keltec 380, as it is quite superior to .22lr, .32, .25, and .22 mag ( in similar sized guns) The 9mm pocket gun needs to weigh 16 or more ozs, in order to be reasonably controlable in rapid fire.

  10. bullet placement is bs, guys, when you are being shot at. Everyone flinches from the blasts and ducks incoming fire and blows. The light is likely to be bad, your eyes dazzled from the muzzle flashes, and you may indeed already be injured by the enemy's first blows. you can easily already be hurt of sick, that might be why the predator picked you in the first place. if you really COULD hit the heart, why not just aim for the brain, hmm? the heart and brain are the same size. the brain hit is many times more likely to get us the instantaneous stop that is needed. Nothing about a heart hit is immobilizing, and the lungs, liver, spleen are even less so. Just because it hurts your male ego does not mean that it's not factual.

  11. #330
    Quote Originally Posted by yuppor View Post
    shoot a few animals with the 380,and you will know that it's about as "effective" as a Stinger from a .22lr rifle. Which is to say', ok for rabbits, a bit feeble for chucks, not nearly enough for coyotes"..
    ok...

    Killing a wild hog in one shot with a .380 hollow point
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u6-9VXiBDw


    guess that shot that theory down in flames

Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. BATFE: Any Semi-Auto Can Be A Machine Gun
    By Oregon Vet in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-03-2012, 06:23 AM
  2. Why I Carry A Gun, and You Should Too
    By Tea For One in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-02-2010, 03:06 PM
  3. North Carolina Concealed Gun Law In Spotlight
    By lukem in forum North Carolina Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-20-2008, 09:51 AM
  4. Gun Rights Threatened In 2008
    By lukem in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 10:59 PM
  5. NY Governor Paterson proposes legislation to reduce gun violence
    By Ruger Lady in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-21-2008, 09:52 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast