is .380 enough gun? - Page 35
Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast

Thread: is .380 enough gun?

A .380 has all the stopping power as a kiss from your mama. When it comes to urban combat it's a .45 or go home. This conversation is now settled.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post
    A .380 has all the stopping power as a kiss from your mama. When it comes to urban combat it's a .45 or go home. This conversation is now settled.
    Everybody has a preferred caliber and, as long as they are satisfied with it, I am tickled pink. Depending on where I am going, I sometimes carry a .380. At other times, it is either a 9mm, .40 or .45 caliber. Just depends on where I am going and what I intend to do. I really don't care about the opinion of others, it is what I am satisfied with. I am not a "purist," I use what I like and, believe me, you don't want a kiss from my .380. It has done everything I have wanted it to do but, if that is how you feel, pucker up!

Actually, the only reason I don't carry a .380, or own one, is it's

too easy for me to confuse .380 bullets with 9mmX19.

I have 9mm full-size guns that I must have, so I'm seeking 9mm

carry EDCs that are smaller. But a .380 has proven it will get the

job done time and again.

Yeah, 45ACP is a proven man-stopper, but, for it's size, it's an awfully

dedicated round, almost wasteful...

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Everybody has a preferred caliber and, as long as they are satisfied with it, I am tickled pink. Depending on where I am going, I sometimes carry a .380. At other times, it is either a 9mm, .40 or .45 caliber. Just depends on where I am going and what I intend to do. I really don't care about the opinion of others, it is what I am satisfied with. I am not a "purist," I use what I like and, believe me, you don't want a kiss from my .380. It has done everything I have wanted it to do but, if that is how you feel, pucker up!
    Congratulations on enjoying your little pea-shooter a.k.a. .380. What will you do on that day a dedicated terrorist cell high PCP declares jihad on you and your loved ones? When those .380 rounds do all the damage of a pillow fight and you see the blood of all those you hold dear flowing along the sidewalk like rivers of wine, then you'll wish you had a .45.

Quote Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
    Actually, the only reason I don't carry a .380, or own one, is it's

too easy for me to confuse .380 bullets with 9mmX19.

I have 9mm full-size guns that I must have, so I'm seeking 9mm

carry EDCs that are smaller. But a .380 has proven it will get the

job done time and again.

Yeah, 45ACP is a proven man-stopper, but, for it's size, it's an awfully

dedicated round, almost wasteful...
    Wasteful? Wasteful! WASTEFUL!!!

What is your deal? One more dead dirtbag is never wasteful. If that's too much for you then I suggest next time you're faced with a scumbag deserving a trip to the hereafter you sing him kumbaya.

Wasteful, puh-leeze.

7. Weather it is big enough or not the gun u carry is better than the one in the case. That being said I have had a 380 for a long time and it has served me well for a brush better gun and I carry a lot of different calibers for different tasks but some people don't like the bigger calibers and would rather see them with a 380 as oppose to nothing

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post
    Congratulations on enjoying your little pea-shooter a.k.a. .380. What will you do on that day a dedicated terrorist cell high PCP declares jihad on you and your loved ones? When those .380 rounds do all the damage of a pillow fight and you see the blood of all those you hold dear flowing along the sidewalk like rivers of wine, then you'll wish you had a .45.
    That is when I will pull my 1911 from my shoulder holster and tend to business. But, in the mean time, the .380 will do on occasions where another weapon might be too conspicuous and cause undue problems. After all, didn't James Bond make it through all of his escapades using a PPK .380? And the 1911 is so bulky in a custom made tux!

Take that "peashooter", shoot it at
    a 50 gallon drum.
    Did it penetrate both sides?
    'Nuff said.

10. Ya but I am not defending aginst them ever dangerous 50 gallon drums

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk

11. A man stopped an intruder dead in his tracks with one shot from a .380. A guy was walking through a field when a wild boar attacked him, he downed it with one shot from his .380. A man came home to find a black bear had broken in his house, one shot to the head with his.380 killed it. YES, a .380 is enough gun. I used to carry a .380 and trusted it. But I have since sold it and now have two .32 acp guns that I use for home defense/carry.

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast