is .380 enough gun? - Page 7
Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: is .380 enough gun?

As a 69 year-old carrying owner of a full-size 1911 (.45 ACP) and a Sig P238 (.380 ACP), I much prefer to carry the .380. At my age, I avoid risky situations. And the .380 is acceptable insurance against random violence. However, if I anticipated some unavoidable degree of risk, I'd strap on the 1911. I guess what I'm trying to say is, for me, the choice is situational.

3. There are a few threads that will forever linger in the minds of men. #1 Is the .380 enough gun and #2 What do you think of CCW Badges.

IMHO #1 is yes
    #2 is for LEO wanna bees

Guys and Ladies, as it has ben said a 380 in most cases is plenty of weapon, if used as primary you should be way above average in proficency, it just does not allow for any mistakes in shot placement, but hey if thats what you want to carry and are comfortable with it, great, personaly if I could comfortably carry the 454 I would,

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
    Guys and Ladies, as it has ben said a 380 in most cases is plenty of weapon, if used as primary you should be way above average in proficency, it just does not allow for any mistakes in shot placement, but hey if thats what you want to carry and are comfortable with it, great, personaly if I could comfortably carry the 454 I would,
    I had a 454 in my Chevy truck .... it used to much fuel so I sold it

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post

Also, you need to look at Buffalo Bore Ammo and what it push's a .380 too. It makes it one hot little round, it's only a few inches short of a .40 S&W in regrads to penatration, also the Buffalo Bore .380 expands to a little over .50 of an inch

I am confident with my .380 packing Buffalo Bore

Buffalo Bore

Quote Originally Posted by PX4storm View Post
    Also, you need to look at Buffalo Bore Ammo and what it push's a .380 too. It makes it one hot little round, it's only a few inches short of a .40 S&W in regrads to penatration, also the Buffalo Bore .380 expands to a little over .50 of an inch

I am confident with my .380 packing Buffalo Bore
    Buffalo bore is usually hot, but be aware they have had several failures to fire and at least one KABOOM that I know of in the big bores (44mag, 454 Casull). Ruger vs Buffalo Bore - Alaska Outdoors Forums

In the 380 the Corbon DPX is probably one of, if not, the best out there. GoldenLoki.com

I encourage posters to go to mouseguns.com and select "mousegun tactics" on the list of views. It provides, IMO, a complete and sensible discussion of what a mouse gun is all about and what purpose it serves and when should it be used. It also provides basic appreciation of any kind of potential situation where you are considering the use of a firearm. Everything is already known by most but having it all in one article is a good way to rereview your opinions and scenarios.

I feel the .380 and the .32 are okay for personal carry. The whole idea is "protection" isn't it? If you load uo with HP's think what the round looks like once expanded. I own a Taurus 738 .380, a 709 slim 9mm, and a PT145 .45acp and I carry either one, depending on how I'm dressed at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    Adolf Hiter shot himself with a walther PPK. Could of been the .32 or the 9mm kurtz aka .380.
    Now there's a great endorcement.

Quote Originally Posted by IWLAFART View Post
    There are a few threads that will forever linger in the minds of men. #1 Is the .380 enough gun and #2 What do you think of CCW Badges.

IMHO #1 is yes
    #2 is for LEO wanna bees
    As it was said on Glocktalk about ten years ago, "Badges, we don't need no stinkin badges."

I try not to mention that site/forum for personal reasons though.

Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast