Best models to carry
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best models to carry

1. Best models to carry

My Dad and I went to a gun show in Florida earlier today. I am looking for a model that is smaller than my full sized Smith and Wesson 9 mm. that I have had for 15 years. I have found several "slim" models that feel really good with a single hand grip, and I wonder if any of you have had experience with any of these models and what your opinion of them is. The models I identified are-

SW M908
    Glock 36
    Bersa 380 Thunder
    Taurus 709 Slim

Any thoughts and input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Neal

Out of the lineup you just suggested, the Glock 36 gets my vote... but of course the folks here know that already

Of those you listed the only brand of auto that I have experience with is a glock. Not sure about the particular model but in general a glock is a fine gun. IMHO.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

5. I own a Bersa Thunder 380 and use it as a ccw sometimes. It is a good reliable handgun at a good price.
    Sam Ragsdale
    AGCM(AW/SW) USN-Ret

NRA Life Member

I cc my BT.380 CC.... Less snag points ..... Nice weapon..... comes with finger grooves... I like the BT.380 as well, it fits better in my hands..... I mod'ed my cc to fit....

7. Have you checked the discussion groups for each of the brands? They are great sources for info on performance, reliability, tech support and user opinions.

S&W Forum
    Glock Talk Forum
    Bersa Talk Forum
    Taurus Armed Forum

8. Neal,
    What can you shoot the best?
    What are you most comfortable carrying?
    What can you conceal the best out of the answers to questions 1 and 2?

If the answer to all three questions is the same gun, then that's the one you should get.

What JTG said, and have you tried any Kahr handguns on for size? If you're a fan of the slimmer designs, they make a nice sidearm. I don't have any of their products, but I've handled them and they're very comfortable in the hand.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32° & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

10. Cheetah,

I did not even know that those other forums existed. Thanks for the advice and I will check them out.

Neal

11. I can't really comment on which one is the most comfortable to carry (because I have not carried before), but I lean toward the SW 908 because the firearm I have had for 15 years is the SW 915. The 908 is the little brother of the 915, and seems to be laid out the same way (thumb safety, ect.) so it naturally feels more comfortable because I am familiar with the design.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast