Feb 22 National Park Carry Restored

Thread: Feb 22 National Park Carry Restored

Feb 22 National Park Carry Restored

We get our rights back at National Parks on Feb 22nd. However, as you can see in this article, the antis are hard at work to make rule changes o deny us the right to carry concealed.

Regulatory Landscape For Guns to Change in National Parks on February 22 | National Parks Traveler

The antis are hard at work all the time. They will never give up, they will never get a clue, and they never will go away.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    The antis are hard at work all the time. They will never give up, they will never get a clue, and they never will go away.
    But according to recent polls we (legal gun owners) are gaining more of the ground. More people voting for gun rights means some of the old laws could be repealed. Yea I know curb my enthusiasm right? No way!! Make small steps and keep moving...

Public Takes Conservative Turn on Gun Control, Abortion: Overview - Pew Research Center for the People & the Press

In U.S., Record-Low Support for Stricter Gun Laws

These are just polls. The cold hard truth now is: Go try and find ammo for your firearms. The price has jumped a bit and supplies are kind of low. A trip to the range lately has me waiting longer and longer. A trip to visit my local dealer and I find him half frantic with customers 2 and 3 deep at the counter. He and his wife are both full out at any given time as the store is full of people. Not just tire kicking customers but buying customers. I'm in there all the time and see soon to be gun owners looking for their first gun...

We will never have a 100% buy in from the entire population, but more and more of us are inclined to allow citizens to choose to exercise the right as the 2nd amendment clearly indicates we have the right to do; Without infringement. Still a long road to walk, but I'll enjoy the trip and perhaps meet some nice folks along the route. That's the optimist in me trying to keep my chin up.

Peace
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

I'm not being pessemistic, meerly stating fact. Every fight that we win is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by surfcc View Post
    We get our rights back at National Parks on Feb 22nd. However, as you can see in this article, the antis are hard at work to make rule changes o deny us the right to carry concealed.

Regulatory Landscape For Guns to Change in National Parks on February 22 | National Parks Traveler
    It already happened in New York. I posted this in another thread and don't be surprised if other states follow!

"In the State of New York, a Bronx democrat introduced the "The Serano Bill (S.4753)" last year on June 4, 2009.

"Albany, NY – Senator José M. Serrano moved quickly to ensure safety at state parks, in the wake of a reckless pro-gun provision that moved through Congress last month.

The provision, tucked into a bill on credit card rules, allows park visitors to carry concealed weapons in national parks unless otherwise prohibited by state law.

The Serrano bill (S.4753) would expressly ban concealed weapons in state parks, and thus ban them in New York’s national parks as well. On Thursday, it passed the Cultural Affairs, Tourism, Parks & Recreation Committee – chaired by the Senator – and will now proceed to the Codes Committee."
    http://www.nysenate.gov/press-releas...rs-tourism-par

This is the link to the actual Senate Bill.
    http://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?bn=S04753&sh=t