CCW in Tn
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CCW in Tn

1. CCW in Tn

If i have a ccw from maine and am 19 yrs old can i concealed carry in Tennessee?

3. Most states issue concealed carry permit to a person must be age 21 years old and none of felony/misdemeanor.
    NRA Life Member

4. Hey GoSo

I didn't realized that Maine resident must be 18 years old to obtain the ccw permit. Wow! I see most states must be 21 years old, LOL
    NRA Life Member

5. yep 18 in in maine

1. Criteria for issuing permit. The issuing authority shall, upon written
    application, issue a permit to carry concealed firearms to an applicant over whom it has
    issuing authority and who has demonstrated good moral character and who meets the
    following requirements:
    A. Is 18 years of age or older;

http://www.maine.gov/dps/msp/license...%20Booklet.pdf

6. yes most are 21 are there a few that are younger other than maine?

It was very easy to find with Google on the Tennessee web sight Handgun Carry Permits.
    Tennessee recognizes permits from all other states. Funny thing is, Maine does not regognize Tennessee. You are required to have the permit with you.
    Help your own self - the Government is busy takin' care of itself!
    Retired LEO

8. thanks saltcreek. i had found the website and read it before i just wanted to make sure i had read it correctly.

Since Tennessee recognizes the Maine permit and it is legal in Tennessee for an 18 year old to possess a handgun, I assume a Maine permit holder could carry legally in Tennessee.

Yup its true I will see if I can dig up that peticular law that states TN WILL reconize a carry permit issued by any state as long as A. you have the permit on you and B. you have a state or federal issued ID with your picture (your permit works if it has a picture) The only down side to carry in TN is no place that sells alcohol for on site consumption which means most restaraunts. we could for about 2 months last year but that law got ruled unconstitutional by a judge in Nashville (what a hater)

Anyways I will have to remember Maine you only have to be 18 which makes sence. I mean you only have to be 18 to legally buy cigerettes or to die for the country why not allow 18 yr olds to carry weapons like the Constitution says you can when you swear (or affirm) I swore, to defend it.
    "The purpose of war is not to die for your country. The purpose of war is to ensure that the other guy dies for his country." - General Patton

11. Quote Originally Posted by marionandjohn View Post
    Yup its true I will see if I can dig up that peticular law that states TN WILL reconize a carry permit issued by any state as long as A. you have the permit on you and B. you have a state or federal issued ID with your picture (your permit works if it has a picture) The only down side to carry in TN is no place that sells alcohol for on site consumption which means most restaraunts. we could for about 2 months last year but that law got ruled unconstitutional by a judge in Nashville (what a hater)

Anyways I will have to remember Maine you only have to be 18 which makes sence. I mean you only have to be 18 to legally buy cigerettes or to die for the country why not allow 18 yr olds to carry weapons like the Constitution says you can when you swear (or affirm) I swore, to defend it.
    thanks for all the good info about everything i knew that tn would recognize any carry permit but i was unsure if my age would cause any problems. Everything i have read says no. Also you can not carry a gun into a restaurant that serves alcohol? the stuff i had read said it was ok as long as you were not drinking and the establishement had not been posted. MAybe i was reading something old though. thank you for the reply!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast