Fricker's shooting should not have happened... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fricker's shooting should not have happened...

There are some fishy things to this story.

The point I would like to reiterate, why was this guy not using a pocket holster? Take the alcohol issue away for a minute and say that this happened at a hair salon. Replay the incident with that setting and assume the same set of events went down. Does this not reinforce the idea that if you are going to carry a gun in a coat pocket, you ought to use a pocket holster?

3. I don't understand why someone would choose to not use a holster in the first place. I know there's a few on this board that don't, and I'm sure they have their justifiable reasons. Just a simple tool such as a holster, does a lot of good things for carriers, regardless of open or concealed, leather or nylon, pocket or waistband, etc. A holster secures a weapon to your body, and that's really all the most we look into it, but it does so much more. Most holsters:

- Keep the weapon secured, sometimes with a retention strap.
    - Keep the weapon concealed, by keeping it close to the body.
    - Disrupt the noticeable outline of a gun.
    - Protect a gun from the elements, both from the outside, and a person's body.
    - Typically cover the trigger and trigger guard, to prevent an accidental, or negligent discharge.
    - Allow a faster , smoother draw, with no snag hazards.

There's more that holsters do, and with the very low prices these go at, there's no reason any carrier should not have a holster. Plus, a holster looks much more professional. Bad guys are typically the ones that just shove a handgun anywhere they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Aresye View Post
    Bad guys are typically the ones that just shove a handgun anywhere they can.
    Plaxico Burriss, does that name ring a bell to anyone?

5. Didn't ring a bell for me, but there's a decent sized Wikipedia page for him. Apparently the gun was not in a holster, slid down the back of his pants, and in attempting to grab it, ended up shooting himself in the leg.

Plaxico was carrying a Glock tucked into the waistband of sweatpants, a realy bad idea across the board for a number of reasons.

I still want more information about the Fricker's shooting. What model of pistol was he carrying?

My suspicious side thinks that this was not an AD and that the guy wanted to shoot the chick but was foiled buy a blackberry.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123