No Concealed Weapons Store
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Concealed Weapons Store

1. No Concealed Weapons Store

I just visited my first store that actually had the correct size "No Concealed Weapons" sign displayed in the door.

I thought I would pass the info along and hope many more would take the approach I did. I informed the store owner as well as corporate that as long as they enforced a policy that allowed criminals to be armed as well as put me at risk, I would NOT be a patron of their store. As I walked away, I asked if the owner enjoyed advertising being a target for criminals. He could only grin and say it was a "corporate" policy.

The name of the store was Sherwin Williams (paint store)
    Last edited by acetyl; 02-13-2010 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Forgot store name

Quote Originally Posted by acetyl View Post
    I just visited my first store that actually had the correct size "No Concealed Weapons" sign displayed in the door.

I thought I would pass the info along and hope many more would take the approach I did. I informed the store owner as well as corporate that as long as they enforced a policy that allowed criminals to be armed as well as put me at risk, I would NOT be a patron of their store. As I walked away, I asked if the owner enjoyed advertising being a target for criminals. He could only grin and say it was a "corporate" policy.
    Do us all a favor and post the store info.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

4. Back when I was in college, I rented movies from Blockbuster about every week. On one of my 'movie runs', I noticed a new "No Firearms" sign in the little foyer of the entrance but I had to go ahead and enter because of the way the doors were set up. I came on in, slid my previous rentals into the return slot and walked around the cashier wrap to go back out. As I exited, the manager (who recognized me as a regular customer that he'd talked to on several occasions) walked up to say hello. When he asked me what movie I was getting that week, I told him what I had been planning on picking up and then explained that Blockbuster had apparently decided that they didn't want my money by putting up their little sign, so I was going to head over to the Movie Gallery to make my weekly rental. The store manager was truly sympathetic to my feelings on the matter. He explained that his hands were tied since it came down from corporate to put up the 'stupid sign' (his words, not mine) but he'd pass along my feelings to the regional management.

About a week later, the store manager called me at home and informed me that the sign had been taken down due to numerous customer complaints and loss of revenue in the two weeks it had been up.

5. Quote Originally Posted by acetyl View Post

The store name is Sherwin Williams (paint store)

Hand em' this sign next time. It is more appropriate.

In SC if you enter a business with CC you can be asked to leave, the owner or his agent also can have local LOE ask for trespass order if you return. BUT If you enter the same store CC and truly are CC, then this issue should ever arise. Same store different scenario. You enter, an event happens where you draw and drop perp. The store will disavow any insurance claim due to complying with the law. You're still standing with maybe some legal issues coming. The perp should not be standing and maybe some morgue issues coming (IF you have trained well). This not really and issue for me.
    I'd sooner be standing in front of a Judge with handcuffs then on a table with a toe tag.

ALWAYS TWO ROUND BURSTS

8. Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    In SC if you enter a business with CC you can be asked to leave, the owner or his agent also can have local LOE ask for trespass order if you return. BUT If you enter the same store CC and truly are CC, then this issue should ever arise. Same store different scenario. You enter, an event happens where you draw and drop perp. The store will disavow any insurance claim due to complying with the law. You're still standing with maybe some legal issues coming. The perp should not be standing and maybe some morgue issues coming (IF you have trained well). This not really and issue for me.
    I'd sooner be standing in front of a Judge with handcuffs then on a table with a toe tag.

ALWAYS TWO ROUND BURSTS
    Certainly a sound and reasoned response to a store that rolls out the welcome mat for criminals. I prefer an equally sound response which is to let the store know I will no longer do buisness with them. They have a right to implement any policy they wish just as I have a right to take my money to Home Depot or Lowes.

Acetyl

Quote Originally Posted by acetyl View Post
    Certainly a sound and reasoned response to a store that rolls out the welcome mat for criminals. I prefer an equally sound response which is to let the store know I will no longer do buisness with them. They have a right to implement any policy they wish just as I have a right to take my money to Home Depot or Lowes.

Acetyl
    Speaking of which, if you do go to Lowe's, don't forget to ask for the military discount if you're military or a veteran. They've been good to me and have never had a problem with my OC (wherever legal).

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Speaking of which, if you do go to Lowe's, don't forget to ask for the military discount if you're military or a veteran. They've been good to me and have never had a problem with my OC (wherever legal).

gf
    We also get a 10% military/veteran discount at Checker Auto Parts, Schuck's Auto Supply, Kragen Auto Parts and Murray's Discount Auto Stores auto parts store, now combined as O'Reilly or CSK Auto.

11. Question: If you are carrying CONCEALED how would they know?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast